Sheen

OFFICIALLY Announces

'Anger Management'

7/18/2011 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen has finally OFFICIALLY announced what TMZ told you last week ... that he's signed on to star in a new sitcom based on the movie "Anger Management."

Charlie Sheen New Show

The powers behind the show released a statement this morning describing the premise -- "a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself."

As TMZ first reported, Sheen will play the role of the therapist -- loosely based on Jack Nicholson's character in the movie "Anger Management."

In the statement, Sheen explains, "I chose Anger Management because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept."

Sheen's involvement in the series will also be more significant than in series past -- the actor adds, “[AM] also provides me with real ownership in the series, a certain amount of creative control and the chance to be back in business with one of my favorite movie producers of all time, Joe Roth.”

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

Roth says, “With Charlie’s incredible talent and comedic gifts, he remains the leading man of TV sitcoms. I’m excited to collaborate with him once again.”

The show -- distributed by DebMar-Mercury -- has not yet been picked up by a network.

AgentBlonde

Right on, Charlie. Knew you would win!

bassman

I would watch it. Charlie is a great actor. Yeah he has gone off the deep end, but so has Gary Busey. Busey gets ratings so will Charlie. If you watch the reruns of 2 1/2 you can see it IS funny. Charlie's timing is right on and it is still a very funny show. I also think John Cryer was perfect for the roll that he was cast in. I will not judge someone for going off the deep end and I will watch AM if it is a good show. If it makes me laugh they have a fan.

who cares

The only network i can see picking this show up would be tru tv, because it is as fake as charlie is

Bruno

That movie sucked.

abram hernandez

Congratulations! Charlie...

Puckett

shelley 49 minutes ago
Who would watch this show? Charlie is gross and sad. And a sad exzcuse for a human being. Can you imagine being his 20-something daughter and have to say out loud that he is your dad. May Charlie stay far away from Denise Richards' new baby. He makes me ill.

---

Oh please, stop projecting your own daddy issues onto his daughter. They appear to get along just fine. He just recently walked her down the aisle at her wedding.

Jimbo

Pam Anderson's boobs flop when she takes off her bra???? Say it isn't so Pam.

yo

There is nothing to congratulate Charlie about.

He has no show.

And never will.

Jodi

I watched the movie and although it's not the best movie ever made it's not a horrible movie either but it is slow moving. I won't be watching his show but I wish him the best.

Never went to rehab so I hope when he does his drugs it won't interfere with his work.....AGAIN.

Jodi

"If you watch the reruns of 2 1/2 you can see it IS funny. Charlie's timing is right on"
________________________________________________________________
Oh please.....everyone's timing on that show is right on. Charlie, or any of the actors on the show, couldn't carry the show alone if their life depended on it. It takes EVERYONE on that show using their talents to make it work.

If he does not have GOOD FUNNY actors on his new sitcom working with him the show will not be a hit. Simple as that.

Daytona Girl

Wouldn'*****ch the toothless old crack head if he could pay me.

Rlg

Count me out on anything with Charlie Sheen!

beachlife

I'm with you Jodi. Charlie Sheen is very funny in 2 1/2 men. His timing is indeed excellent. His personal life is none of my business, so as long as he is part of an entertaining comedy, I will surely watch.

nof

On what planet do you think a Joe Roth-Charlie Sheen collab
would NOT be picked-up.

They'll be fighting over it.

Bidding War.

"Anger Management," as a series?

-is a brilliant idea and concept.

Comedically, you can go anywhere with it.

nof

nof p.s.

It should go up against "2 1/2."

Then we'd see -