« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

USC Suspends RB Marc Tyler Over TMZ Video

7/18/2011 12:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

USC running back Marc Tyler has been suspended by head coach Lane Kiffin for comments he made to TMZ last week in which he insinuated the university PAYS its football players.

0718_lane_marc_BN

Tyler insists he was "joking" outside of Voyeur nightclub in Hollywood Thursday night when he told our cameras, "USC ... they breakin' bread!"

Kiffin just released a statement saying, "I was very disappointed when I learned of Marc Tyler's inappropriate comments that were captured by the media last week. That is not the way that we expect our players to represent USC and our team."

He added, "I have consulted with athletic director Pat Haden and I am suspending Marc for our upcoming season opener and potentially further, and in the meantime I am also suspending him from all team activities.071811_marc_tyler_v3_still"

"Although Marc may find this punishment severe, it is imperative we continue to have a high standard for player behavior.  Marc needs to work hard to show us that he can meet the standards of being a USC football player."

We spoke to Lane Kiffin last night in L.A. -- but he had no comment.

Tyler has also issued an apology ... saying, "I am disappointed that I let down all the people who have supported me as I have been working through some personal issues."

He continued, "I realize how my behavior and my statements, even though I was joking, can reflect poorly on so many people ... I accept my punishment and I regret that I will miss the opening game of my senior year. "

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Robert

ghfghfg

yea he ****** up because that might actually give them an advantage if they were, like using steroids..... so yeah, trouble... you can tell people they dont understand, but then they might not even understand that they dont understand.

Strummer101er

"USC ... they breakin' bread!"<<

Good to see that scholarship is paying off. Wonder how is grade in English is?

Strummer101er

The NCAA is one of the last bastians of slavery in the U.S. The suspension is just a reminder to all the other slaves (i.e. athletes) on the plantation that master is all powerful. <<

The stupid is strong with this one.

justme

Strummer101er ...sucks that you forgot that h, because now it seems like you are the one who doesn't know English.

Ben

All Sports, Film and Politicians should remember and people should not let them off.

Your actions HAVE consequences.

Positive or Negative, It is your choice.

Joao

I would have never gleaned that "breaking bread" meant paying someone.

How many high profile pseudo apologies has there been these year?

The Neko Nation

Not only is this moron guilty of not being able to even speak correctly he is guilty of utter stupidity. Zero class or intelligence from a so called adult. If it wasn't for football this 2nd. grade level uneducated fool would be out on the streets. He obviously has no common sense to know that after all that has happened to this program he should not make jokes about getting paid. He is getting what he deserves.

Mag

That's what he gets. He owes Kim a big fat apology for what he said. Who is he to publicly humiliate her like this. PUNK!!!

justme

wait a minute...if he is at second grade level he cannot possibly be uneducated...why are you so angry neko?

Jim in Cali

this is ridiculous. The guy was obviously joking around. Since when did USC get so uptight. This school graduated Joe Francis for pete sakes.

The Neko Nation

@ justme, Sick and tired of idiots like him and Reggie Bush killing the Trojan football program.

Smug Obammy

I can't believe this athlete is a Senior in college - USC at that!! He can't even speak English well --- and I'm sure he was probably on a full scholarship. Our education system is terribly broken.

Wishes

The Neko Nation 30 minutes ago

===============================

SPOT ON!!!

wishes

The Neko Nation about an hour ago

Nice to see USC taking control of the program and some of the uneducated fools they recruit. This moron is only there because of football and has the intelligence of a flea. Just listen to the way this 2nd. grade level punk talks and you can see he has the mind of a child. There are foreigners who can speak and use the english language better than this goofball.

============================================================

You are absolutely correct - USC should not let their athletes speak publicly. They are an embarrassment to the institution's academic integrity.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments