« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

USC Suspends RB Marc Tyler Over TMZ Video

7/18/2011 12:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

USC running back Marc Tyler has been suspended by head coach Lane Kiffin for comments he made to TMZ last week in which he insinuated the university PAYS its football players.

0718_lane_marc_BN

Tyler insists he was "joking" outside of Voyeur nightclub in Hollywood Thursday night when he told our cameras, "USC ... they breakin' bread!"

Kiffin just released a statement saying, "I was very disappointed when I learned of Marc Tyler's inappropriate comments that were captured by the media last week. That is not the way that we expect our players to represent USC and our team."

He added, "I have consulted with athletic director Pat Haden and I am suspending Marc for our upcoming season opener and potentially further, and in the meantime I am also suspending him from all team activities.071811_marc_tyler_v3_still"

"Although Marc may find this punishment severe, it is imperative we continue to have a high standard for player behavior.  Marc needs to work hard to show us that he can meet the standards of being a USC football player."

We spoke to Lane Kiffin last night in L.A. -- but he had no comment.

Tyler has also issued an apology ... saying, "I am disappointed that I let down all the people who have supported me as I have been working through some personal issues."

He continued, "I realize how my behavior and my statements, even though I was joking, can reflect poorly on so many people ... I accept my punishment and I regret that I will miss the opening game of my senior year. "

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

gitRdun

Everyone knows Lame Kitten is dirty. That player should have been suspended for his use of Ebonics.

Tigerisbetterthanyou

You can't spell SUCK without a USC. Rot to death on probation you losers!!

Lizzie

Grrrr8888888 job Coach Lane Kiffin, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
stupid A@@ marc tyler IS truly a JACKAL, haaaaaaaaaaa he got
CAUGHT, haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! MAX, MAX, MAX, MAX, MAX, MAX oh,
yesssssssssssssss!!!! (~-~)

Tim

51% of you are ******* *******

the guy gets suspended for drunkenly joking around get a ******* life losers

booey

yeah thats it shut him up!...i mean after all the last thing they need is people questioning the dogma that these faux pro sports programs bring in more money than they cost...nope nothing to see here people move along

rocket

TMZ should realize what they helped to cause.

Bob

How much is their coach's salary? 4 million, which makes him the highest paid university employee in the US, if not the world. That's just not right.

Bob

Whether he does get preferential treatment or not, he's essentially being suspended for joking about the Reggie Bush scandal.

How many millions is the head coach paid per year? 4 million per year, which apparently makes him the highest paid university employee in the US, if not the world (to put things in perspective for you, the head coach of a multi-championship winning university hockey team in Canada earns much less than 200000$ per year.) You can blame the commercialization of US college sports.

Amateur sports? Hardly.

Toya Williams

I feel that he was acting like a dumb drunk and as soon as I saw the first few seconds of the clip I knew he was suspended. I should have bet money on it!

Jim

The dumb donkey doesn't know the difference from the letters b and c. College educated not. Acually high school educated not.

The Neko Nation

@ Bob, Guess what Einstein, The football program brings in over 10 times that amount in revenues. The players are getting a free education, room and board. Over 40k a year. Obviously you are someone with low intelligence. COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS A BUSINESS!

gagirl

Lane Kiffin is a douchebag....GO VOLS!

dennis

TMZ story makes news and is reported by TMZ, hmmmm. Is that good. Is that what is called a self fulfilling prophecy?

Terry

How exactly do you get suspended by the most crooked college football coach still employed? Gotta love that!

Amber

This is just an example of Kiffen's C-M-A policy he is notorious for. Cheat and when you get caught blame it on everyone else.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments