« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

GB Packers Stud

Gets Super Bowl Ring

TATTOO

7/20/2011 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Most NFL champs rock their Super Bowl ring on their hand -- Green Bay Packers cornerback Sam Shields is wearing his on his NECK.

0720-green-bay-tattoo-exd
The 23-year-old defensive stud -- who was a rookie when the Packers won the Super Bowl this year -- rolled into the Ultimate Designz tattoo shop in Miami last week ... and pitched his ink idea to tattoo artist Sergio Garcia. He even brought in the ACTUAL ring for Sergio to study.

0720-green-bay-tattoo-sub

Sergio tells us it took about 3 hours to draw out the design of the tat (pictured above) -- and a little more than 2 hours to ink it onto Sam.

We're told Shields was a "really nice guy" throughout the whole process -- and even left a fat tip.

Fun Fact: Sam's actual Super Bowl ring has 109 diamonds in it, but his tattoo ONLY has 60 pictured ... because we're told putting that many small diamonds in the tattoo would have been "impossible."

0915_tattoo_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jl

tmz you know nothing about sports. he is not a stud. he wasnt even drafted last year and was a nickel back on the packers. he is a decent role player, then again you call act like the kardashians are stars when they are, at best, d listers that nobody in so cal give two ****s about.

Milwaukee

For all of you talking trash about people liking tattoos cause they wanna be a rebel or that they are just pointless and stupid.Maybe you just care WAY TOOOO much about what other people are saying and think.I have tattoos and i dont get em for any other reason except.....(this may suprise some of you)....I LIKE EM!
I dont understand are you being judgemental is it because its a Green Bay Packer and your team didnt get a ring to even tattoo on their neck or is it because hes black,rich and ur being a judgemental stuck up yuppie?Either way...I'm going to keep getting tattoos whether you bastards are starring,talking,or judging me,it doesnt bother me.Cause i know youll be saying it under your breathe to yourself!

Leo Sayer

There is one team I like, and one thing I hate in the picture.

PETER LEE

Why do these black atheletes get the crappiest tatoos? All that money going to back yard tattoo parlors. They need to realize a good large tattoo is easily over $1000.00. There are NO DEALS IN TATTOOS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR and they need to open their eyes.

UNFAN ME PLEASE!

I can hear some of the people who have tattoos thinking ......sheeesh, I really shouldn't have put THAT tattoo on....now how the heck am I going to save the money to get that thing off... Hmmmm? I bet it costs a lot more to take off than put on? .... dang ...its gonna' hurt....owwwww its gonna' hurt BAD real bad....what the heck was I thinking.......???
DAMN WAS I EVER STUPID!

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ow!.......................................................ow!.....................................
ow! ow! ow! ow!....okay stop for a while.......okay start again but go slowly.......................ow!.......ow! ow! ow! please stop...

Okay...just leave the rest of it...............what does it look like.....?

ABIGBLACKBLOBOFBLURRYINK

While your'e at it just remember what your coach says, "No pain no gain!"

or was it twice the pain for two times the money.....

Ain't life grand!

sunshinerad

"Great job! No sense in wasting any of his money on dumb-sh*t like investing into the early childhood education system or any any education system."

Yea, as a millionaire he has absolutely no room to shell over 500 dollars for a tattoo.

Mr, Know it All

What a retard, nice going fool.

john

does he actually think that looks good

Northerner

i didnt know Sergio laid down ink when he wasnt on the links? where does he find the extra time?? ;-)

you know it

ick.

john

well now we know why Sergio Garcia hasn't won any tournaments in awhile-he's busy with his tattoo business

InformationTrafficker

Seriously?

I can understand the representation of loyalty to his team and the obvious excitement over the accomplishment of a super bowl ring, but a tattoo on his neck?

What was he thinking? Or was he thinking at all?

Wrong positioning (distortion), bad color design and by the way kid...you're black. That thing is gonna need touching up every few years.

Timmy Boy

Sorry but brothas should get white ink. can hardly tell.

Brad

Another sports idiot. Looks like crap on crap.

Mick Kahler

Most of the responders, like me, are anti-tat. And ladies, if you are considering getting inked, remember this old saying:
"Today's blooming rose on a young woman's chest, is tomorrow's wilted weed on an old lady's stomach."