'Harry Potter' Author Scores Multi-Million $$ Thank You

7/20/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As if J.K. Rowling wasn't rich enough -- Warner Bros. gave her a token of its appreciation for the latest "Harry Potter" flick -- an insanely expensive piece of jewelry.

0719_jk_rowling_barry_meyer_ex

Sources close to CEO Barry Meyer tell TMZ ... Rowling scored a white gold, antique 40-diamond bracelet worth millions of dollars -- which he presented to her at the London premiere after-party.

According to sources, Rowling was nervous about donning such a valuable piece of jewelry before she got it insured ... but  she got a more primitive form of insurance -- a bunch of burly security guards at the bash.

Price, of course, is relative -- wordwide, the latest movie has grossed more than half-a-billion bucks.

0209_big_bling_footer

MuBaRi

It's easy to understand why they have given her such a present. They want her to continue on writing Harry Potter Books.

Holli~Peno

well,isn't that nice?although i could have done without speilberg's ugly mug winking me in the face.

stu

i hope she chokes wearing it.
ENOUGH of Hairy Potter!!

mildly insane

Why are diamond still worth anything
their not rare and the best ones are
made in a lab? the only thing that could make them
worth a few bucks is they are difficult to cut
but even there they are using lasers to do some of that.

some guy

Hmmm I wonder if Max would have a thing for JK. He does like his older ladies...

... And she's loaded, too.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Obviously, Rowling needs some help in the jewelry department. Her earings look the ribbons from last year´s Christmas gift.

Sterling713

@David Jong - If I had money like her...I would. Unfortunately, I barely have enough to get by. But still, with what little I make, I still try and help out every chance I get.

@Rhubino - I dont get Christmas bonuses. But if I did, I would surely donate some of it to help starving kids. And whenever I hear about some celebrity getting rewarded more than they already are, yes I do make the same speech. And that goes for anybody I know who is undeservingly spoiled.

Kathy

Hollywood can be a dream for some.

max

All this just for writing a book? Even a $100 would make me happy.

Muppet

BillythEAnus 5 hours ago
OMG! You guys won't believe this story about my friend's encounter with JK ROWLING!

My friend walked in to a public restroom with her, she said she was very nice but they both really had to use the toilet, so JK went into the stall next to my friend. My friend said the sounds of flatulence that JK was letting out were just unbelivable and you could hear her feces dropping loudly in the toilet from her anus. My friend said the smell was so bad she couldn't stand it so she pulled up her trousers without cleaning her bottom or washing her hands and got the heck out of there... We now call JK "Harry Pooper" lol

______________

Your friend (if you really have one) is disgusting for repeating this story and even worse for leaving without cleaning her bottom or washing her hands! I'd say she's far worse than JK Rowling using the toilet!
Your story reeks of BS!!

Frank Napolitano

For all you haters out there, save it! Of all the people to earn money off of this movie series, she absolutely deserves it the most. The woman was dirt poor when she started this series. God bless her for her success. All you holier than thou dagger throwers make me sick. Want to make some money? Go write a book! Make your own fortune, then decide what YOU want to do with it!

Muppet

Good for her for getting a bonus! She's worked hard for it and deserves it!
I don't expect her to give all her money to charity. I give to charities but I also work hard for my money and when I get a bonus I spend it on myself and my family or put it away for a rainy day!! She should be able to enjoy the benefits of her hard work just like anyone else.

Muppet

Frank Napolitano less than a minute ago

_____________

Well said!!!!! :D

Gloria

It's not she inherited the fame and money. From welfare to billionaire, I say good for her.

John

Oh no, now she might have to pay taxes on the jewelry. Whatever will she do now???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments