Kim K Suing Old Navy

You Can't COPY Me! [DOCS]

7/20/2011 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only ONE Kim Kardashian -- and now she's declaring a legal war on Old Navy for using a Kim K look-alike in a recent ad campaign ... TMZ has learned.

0720_kim_k_lawsuit_launch_ex

Kim is filing a lawsuit against the clothing giant  -- claiming they intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with Old Navy.

We're told Kim is especially furious that Old Navy has been tweeting to her page about the look-alike -- in an effort to gain even more publicity.

One of those tweets read, "@CBSNEWS reports that Old Navy's Super CUTE star looks like @kimkardashian. #LOL. What do you think?"

We're told Kim believes the copycat campaign has damaged her wallet somewhere in the range of $15 to $20 million.

0720_oldnavy_ad2

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw I did think that it was Kim K when I first saw the commercial. Whether she's entitled to $15-$20 mil, that's another story.

MichaKC MichaKC

First time I saw this commercial I thought it was Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. But I, for sure, did not think it was Kim Kardashian.

$$ $$

Kim is defeating the purpose by suing Old Navy...now they are getting even MORE advertising and now it's FREE!!!

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

MichaKC MichaKC

$$ $$

FlamingoNut FlamingoNut

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw the commercial, I admit, I did a double take and could tell it wasn't Kim. Yes, she's a little full of herself (a little? okay, alot). I actually heard a few girls talking about going to Old Navy because Kim was in their commercial. Granted, they were 10-11 years old, but still, they saw the resembelence, and that's a hot market for Old Navy...

charliesgirl charliesgirl

i mean... they blatantly copied everything about her in a desperate attempt to associate themselves with Kim. I'd be pretty pissed too if some low-quality brand was trying to freeload off the empire i built with no shame. HELL NO!

Hank Hank

Kim is obviously mistaken. Her "look-a-like" has very little in common with her. She is actually talented not Kim.

Jessica Jessica

So if someone looks like her, they better not want an acting career because anyone that hires that girl will get sued? Class act.

Ash Ash

The girl has different colored eyes. Last time I checked having long brown hair wasn't trademarked by Kim.

Kari Kari

I'm kind of shocked by these posts---I agree Kim is way too full of herself, they all are, but I think she has a point. Old Navy is trying to make money off her image, without paying for it,

Suxtobehim

Kim needs to get over herself because she's not all that and a bag of chips!

Billy

I don't know what anything sees in her plastic face and that stupid a&$ of hers. She looks absolutely disgusting. But I am looking forward to reading about her one day in the obituaries. This way, I'll know we are done with her and hopefuly her fat a&$ sisters.

DiLo

Could this have anything to do with the fact that Old Navy Kim K is dating Reggie Bush? Sounds like someone is jealous.

Have fun with that Humphries...which I imagine will be changed to Kardashian after the nuptials.

meeeeeeee

and now let the haters start talking ****

Lekili

Kardashian's, go away already!

People are sick and tired of you media whores, you'll do anything for press coverage and to have your faces out there. I personally don't see what anyone sees in any of you. No talent, fugley, you are a liar and probably a cheater as well.
Kim K thinks she's the only person out there that looks similar to her, get real, we all have at least one twin out there in the world that looks like us, are you going to sue all of them you greedy little b---h?

Lekili

Kardashian's, go away already!

moe l.

No confusion here; the Old Navy girl is WAY cuter. And has a much smaller a$$ and is not nearly as conceited.

BSweet

Oh, grow up, Kim. It's not all about you!

Chickeeta

proof positive that I did NOT think that was Kim Lardassian in the Old Navy commercial was that you could actually see this chick's face (meaning it didn't have a 5 coats of war paint on it) and she was very cute, oh and that she could dance. Anyone remember Prince trying to get Kim to dance on stage with him and she didn't know how? That whole family is money hungry. This lawsuit is frivilous.

pimpc

She's suck a skank!

trailertrash

This girl make you wanna say, Kim who?????

real deal

Wow, that's a stretch if there ever was. Is Kim K going to claim every long-haired brunette with extensions and too much make-up is copying her image and likeness?!? Off the hook! On the positive side, she is creating jobs for lawyers. Who knew Kim K was all about stimulating the economy? A real patriot!

Hanging to da lef

Differance: Old Navy model hasn't had a vaginal rejuvenation..

Stacey

Kim is just a famewhore who wants the money. I guess any brunette will "look like her" Kim, shut the **** up and please disappear. I hope Old Navy stomps her ass in court. No WAY she lost $15-$20 million. Go back to sex tapes and you'll get the money since that's all your good for

Lucy Mouse Head

Just like Blohan with the milkaholic commercial. What if bloggers just ignored Kim K? One day they just stop posting her "news". It would destroy her. An interesting test to determine just how much influence they can exert. Just don't get crazy and stop Lindsay news because I am captivated by her.