Kim K Suing Old Navy

You Can't COPY Me! [DOCS]

7/20/2011 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only ONE Kim Kardashian -- and now she's declaring a legal war on Old Navy for using a Kim K look-alike in a recent ad campaign ... TMZ has learned.

0720_kim_k_lawsuit_launch_ex

Kim is filing a lawsuit against the clothing giant  -- claiming they intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with Old Navy.

We're told Kim is especially furious that Old Navy has been tweeting to her page about the look-alike -- in an effort to gain even more publicity.

One of those tweets read, "@CBSNEWS reports that Old Navy's Super CUTE star looks like @kimkardashian. #LOL. What do you think?"

We're told Kim believes the copycat campaign has damaged her wallet somewhere in the range of $15 to $20 million.

0720_oldnavy_ad2

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw I did think that it was Kim K when I first saw the commercial. Whether she's entitled to $15-$20 mil, that's another story.

MichaKC MichaKC

First time I saw this commercial I thought it was Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. But I, for sure, did not think it was Kim Kardashian.

$$ $$

Kim is defeating the purpose by suing Old Navy...now they are getting even MORE advertising and now it's FREE!!!

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

MichaKC MichaKC

$$ $$

FlamingoNut FlamingoNut

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw the commercial, I admit, I did a double take and could tell it wasn't Kim. Yes, she's a little full of herself (a little? okay, alot). I actually heard a few girls talking about going to Old Navy because Kim was in their commercial. Granted, they were 10-11 years old, but still, they saw the resembelence, and that's a hot market for Old Navy...

charliesgirl charliesgirl

i mean... they blatantly copied everything about her in a desperate attempt to associate themselves with Kim. I'd be pretty pissed too if some low-quality brand was trying to freeload off the empire i built with no shame. HELL NO!

Hank Hank

Kim is obviously mistaken. Her "look-a-like" has very little in common with her. She is actually talented not Kim.

Jessica Jessica

So if someone looks like her, they better not want an acting career because anyone that hires that girl will get sued? Class act.

Ash Ash

The girl has different colored eyes. Last time I checked having long brown hair wasn't trademarked by Kim.

Kari Kari

I'm kind of shocked by these posts---I agree Kim is way too full of herself, they all are, but I think she has a point. Old Navy is trying to make money off her image, without paying for it,

Marlon

The chick in the Old Navy commercial looks better than Kim anyway. Lol.

AS

Soooo...are you suing Saturday Night Live? Because their impressions of you and your sisters are right on target. Get over yourself. Hey, Kim...PS...suing Old Navy to pay for your wedding? Sell your effing ring!

wasted days and wasted nights

I'm afraid, sigh, that her fame train is pulling into Mean Lady Town.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

What?? That girl is cute and young and doesn't look like a whore at all!!

I guess Geena Davis better get to suing anybody who hires Molly Culver and Gina Gershon needs to sue the **** out of Eva Mendez. You can't just go around looking like other people, sheesh.

Muppet

I don't think the woman in the ad looks like Kim K at all!! Kim really needs to get over herself! Greed! Plain and simple!

Holli~Peno

the old navy version is way prettier than KK.i guess the b!%ch doesn't have enough publicity or "fame".what a pig.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

And Kim needs to sue Nicole Sherzinger, half the time I've seen Nicole on TV, I've mistaken her for Kim K.

Violette-Blue

OMG! Get over yourself Kim K!!!! You really aren't anything special anyhow. You got famous from whoring your sex tape. You're talentless and uninteresting. I can't wait until our society has had enough of you and your fame-whoring family and you all lose everything. I think the girl in the Old Navy commercial is waay prettier than you anyhow and she has more talent. I feel bad that the poor girl even resembles you and your botoxed face, fake ass and phoney personality.

some guy

@Kim

I wasn't able to see from this pic whether she has the same humongous fat ass of yours.

Maybe you should get a trademark or copyright sign branded onto one of your cheeks. That would be pretty unique.

Well, aside from all the domesticated cattle in the world.

Lizz

This made me laugh out loud, for real. Kim shouldn't flatter herself. Melissa is easily 4 sizes tinier than her and looks like a pretty young lady- NOT like an Armenian drag queen. If anything I would say that Melissa looks like the one Kardashian that isn't a lard ass- Kourtney.

Kim is just jealous because Melissa is with Reggie now.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is she going to sue Purina next? She'd be just another snookie if it weren't for her Mom whoring her out. Get over yourself!!!

Kari

some guy

@Kim

Do you know if that guy who pee'd on you in that sex tape got any on any of your clothes? Think they would go for alot on E-bay if you need a quick buck.

Just an option. All I ask is that you consider it.

FlamingoNut

AS

Just a note about the Kim's Dad representing OJ...I'm not a fan of the bitchy Kardashians...However...It's a well known fact that even though Robert Kardashian represented OJ, he was just as shocked as the rest of us that OJ got off. He even said so. Also look at the tape of when OJ was given the verdict. Robert turns and has this blank, odd look on his face. It was not one of joy.