Kim K Suing Old Navy

You Can't COPY Me! [DOCS]

7/20/2011 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only ONE Kim Kardashian -- and now she's declaring a legal war on Old Navy for using a Kim K look-alike in a recent ad campaign ... TMZ has learned.

0720_kim_k_lawsuit_launch_ex

Kim is filing a lawsuit against the clothing giant  -- claiming they intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with Old Navy.

We're told Kim is especially furious that Old Navy has been tweeting to her page about the look-alike -- in an effort to gain even more publicity.

One of those tweets read, "@CBSNEWS reports that Old Navy's Super CUTE star looks like @kimkardashian. #LOL. What do you think?"

We're told Kim believes the copycat campaign has damaged her wallet somewhere in the range of $15 to $20 million.

0720_oldnavy_ad2

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw I did think that it was Kim K when I first saw the commercial. Whether she's entitled to $15-$20 mil, that's another story.

MichaKC MichaKC

First time I saw this commercial I thought it was Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. But I, for sure, did not think it was Kim Kardashian.

$$ $$

Kim is defeating the purpose by suing Old Navy...now they are getting even MORE advertising and now it's FREE!!!

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

MichaKC MichaKC

$$ $$

FlamingoNut FlamingoNut

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw the commercial, I admit, I did a double take and could tell it wasn't Kim. Yes, she's a little full of herself (a little? okay, alot). I actually heard a few girls talking about going to Old Navy because Kim was in their commercial. Granted, they were 10-11 years old, but still, they saw the resembelence, and that's a hot market for Old Navy...

charliesgirl charliesgirl

i mean... they blatantly copied everything about her in a desperate attempt to associate themselves with Kim. I'd be pretty pissed too if some low-quality brand was trying to freeload off the empire i built with no shame. HELL NO!

Hank Hank

Kim is obviously mistaken. Her "look-a-like" has very little in common with her. She is actually talented not Kim.

Jessica Jessica

So if someone looks like her, they better not want an acting career because anyone that hires that girl will get sued? Class act.

Ash Ash

The girl has different colored eyes. Last time I checked having long brown hair wasn't trademarked by Kim.

Kari Kari

I'm kind of shocked by these posts---I agree Kim is way too full of herself, they all are, but I think she has a point. Old Navy is trying to make money off her image, without paying for it,

ang

maybe its because her ex Reggie Bush is dating that look alike lol

charliesgirl

captn moonlight

Kim you are not the only olive complected brunette in the world, sorry

PRO US

She has been libeled or slandered or whatevered. She should receive damages of 2 cents or 1 cent for damage to her reputation which was of a hoare getting azz-fracked on video with a really big schlong. What a celebrity trumpet/scallywag/escort/golddigger!
LMAO. What an ugly strumpet!

some guy

@Charliesgirl

Hey, take it easy. I'll admit I've walked by an Old Navy store when I go to the mall.

They seem to have some nice stuff.

Rae

Kim K's ego is far too large. She wants to put any model who looks remotely like her out of work. Kim, get over yourself. Kim needs to apologize to the models she is attempting to make unemployable.

Cristina

How exactly did this damage her wallet? I think she just filed a lawsuit out of jealousy because her "lookalike" is dating Reggie Bush.

get a life ho

I smell rotting fish .,.,.,,.,maybe she can trademark that scent ?

Laura

I'm always stunned when I read all the nasty comments about Kim. Clearly written by either jealous woman or men who KNOW they could never date someone as gorgeous as Kim. I would be honored to have someone like Kim for my daughter. Yes, there was a sex tape, obviously Kim didn't WANT it released. She was devasted. What do you all want her to do? Go hide under the covers for the rest of her life? She turned it around into something positive...and learned from her mistake. Good for her. I wish her and Kris a long, happy loving life together. God Bless!

zachary

KIM K IS A '' loser'' attention whore!

Laura

Go get 'em Kim! They are CLEARLY trying to imitate you.

Rox

Oh Kim, GET OVER YOURSELF! You're just jealous because the Old Navy chic is naturally pretty & your just a big botox/restylane/saline/butt implant bimbo. Are you gonna sue Reggie too since he is dating her now??!! Cause he totally must be dating the Old Navy chic because she looks exactly like you....NOT! lol

samme21

O my lord, get over yourself Kim. First there was that stupid picture you posted of yourself on your twitter saying how hot it was in L.A now no one in the world can look like you? Just cuz someone may resemble you they are not allowed to work in Hollywood. You are becomming such a stuck up diva its crazy

Hank

jdub

What a dumb broad... Maybe I should sue Jessica Simpson because we have the same name.