Kim K Suing Old Navy

You Can't COPY Me! [DOCS]

7/20/2011 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only ONE Kim Kardashian -- and now she's declaring a legal war on Old Navy for using a Kim K look-alike in a recent ad campaign ... TMZ has learned.

0720_kim_k_lawsuit_launch_ex

Kim is filing a lawsuit against the clothing giant  -- claiming they intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with Old Navy.

We're told Kim is especially furious that Old Navy has been tweeting to her page about the look-alike -- in an effort to gain even more publicity.

One of those tweets read, "@CBSNEWS reports that Old Navy's Super CUTE star looks like @kimkardashian. #LOL. What do you think?"

We're told Kim believes the copycat campaign has damaged her wallet somewhere in the range of $15 to $20 million.

0720_oldnavy_ad2

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw I did think that it was Kim K when I first saw the commercial. Whether she's entitled to $15-$20 mil, that's another story.

MichaKC MichaKC

First time I saw this commercial I thought it was Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. But I, for sure, did not think it was Kim Kardashian.

$$ $$

Kim is defeating the purpose by suing Old Navy...now they are getting even MORE advertising and now it's FREE!!!

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

MichaKC MichaKC

$$ $$

FlamingoNut FlamingoNut

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw the commercial, I admit, I did a double take and could tell it wasn't Kim. Yes, she's a little full of herself (a little? okay, alot). I actually heard a few girls talking about going to Old Navy because Kim was in their commercial. Granted, they were 10-11 years old, but still, they saw the resembelence, and that's a hot market for Old Navy...

charliesgirl charliesgirl

i mean... they blatantly copied everything about her in a desperate attempt to associate themselves with Kim. I'd be pretty pissed too if some low-quality brand was trying to freeload off the empire i built with no shame. HELL NO!

Hank Hank

Kim is obviously mistaken. Her "look-a-like" has very little in common with her. She is actually talented not Kim.

Jessica Jessica

So if someone looks like her, they better not want an acting career because anyone that hires that girl will get sued? Class act.

Ash Ash

The girl has different colored eyes. Last time I checked having long brown hair wasn't trademarked by Kim.

Kari Kari

I'm kind of shocked by these posts---I agree Kim is way too full of herself, they all are, but I think she has a point. Old Navy is trying to make money off her image, without paying for it,

Danielle

I think she looks more like Kim's friend, Brittany Gastineu.

RICK

THIS CHICK IS WAY WAY WAY 1000000 MORE TIMES BETTER LOOKING THAN THE CHICK THAT IS FAMOUS FOR DOING A SEX TAPE

jenni

The girl doesnt even look like Kim. She looks like Nicole Scherzinger.

Nate

It doesn't say it in this story but the funny thing about all of this, is that the look-alike is Reggie Bush's new GF.

Kris HumpFrees

this dumb ass chick is too much!! no talent, all about getting over bitch!!! bitch if it werent for your sex tape you'd be just living on daddys money from his death u dumb ass bitch!! get a ****in life. and some brains, and I mean get a brain not give brains like you def like to do, just ask Ray J. LOL PUTA!!

liz

Bull****!she cant take it coz the lady is much healthier than her.Funny she is jealous coz she dint get the ad

Melissa

Uhm...this was going on a few months ago already. How is it new?

ckckck

Melissa Molinaro looks way better than Kim, there's no comparison, i never even associated the two with eachother, if I was Molinaro i'd be pissed than anyone was associating me with that fat ass slut, she should be the one filing the lawsuit lol, but hey, any publicity is good publicity, i'm sure she's laughing all the way to the bank

Juan Carlos

This woman thinks that money is everything . I wonder if she thinks that at the end she is going to take all her money with her.

sco

15-20 mil are you kidding me ? You really are a nobody that somehow got a show for what I have no idea. You would be poor without mommy and bruces money. You may be making your own now but you wouldnt know what hard work is and living a middle class life .

Kyle

1st ha ha ha

Julie

Bahhaaaaaaa what a joke! Ok gotta go to Old Navy now ...even though I don't even like their clothes....gotta support anyone who is an Anti-Kardashian.

janet

Kardashian give it a rest. You dont have a trademark on anything. There are people who do look quite alike.

Why shouldn't they, Old Navy is not using her name in anyway.

All Kardashian cares about is her wallet. She has not once ounce of class.

Once again, money does not equate class.

Zoe

Yep, I can see those ad execs now........"Let's pick a gal who looks like that sleazy ho so we can sabotage our chances of getting the Old Navy account"!

PRO US

Next thing you know she will copyrite azz-fracking (which she apparently did in that video with that big black, not that there's anything wrong with that, schlong, and demand everyone who azz-fracks to pay her a royalty.