Kim K Suing Old Navy

You Can't COPY Me! [DOCS]

7/20/2011 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only ONE Kim Kardashian -- and now she's declaring a legal war on Old Navy for using a Kim K look-alike in a recent ad campaign ... TMZ has learned.

0720_kim_k_lawsuit_launch_ex

Kim is filing a lawsuit against the clothing giant  -- claiming they intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with Old Navy.

We're told Kim is especially furious that Old Navy has been tweeting to her page about the look-alike -- in an effort to gain even more publicity.

One of those tweets read, "@CBSNEWS reports that Old Navy's Super CUTE star looks like @kimkardashian. #LOL. What do you think?"

We're told Kim believes the copycat campaign has damaged her wallet somewhere in the range of $15 to $20 million.

0720_oldnavy_ad2

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw I did think that it was Kim K when I first saw the commercial. Whether she's entitled to $15-$20 mil, that's another story.

MichaKC MichaKC

First time I saw this commercial I thought it was Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. But I, for sure, did not think it was Kim Kardashian.

$$ $$

Kim is defeating the purpose by suing Old Navy...now they are getting even MORE advertising and now it's FREE!!!

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

MichaKC MichaKC

$$ $$

FlamingoNut FlamingoNut

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw the commercial, I admit, I did a double take and could tell it wasn't Kim. Yes, she's a little full of herself (a little? okay, alot). I actually heard a few girls talking about going to Old Navy because Kim was in their commercial. Granted, they were 10-11 years old, but still, they saw the resembelence, and that's a hot market for Old Navy...

charliesgirl charliesgirl

i mean... they blatantly copied everything about her in a desperate attempt to associate themselves with Kim. I'd be pretty pissed too if some low-quality brand was trying to freeload off the empire i built with no shame. HELL NO!

Hank Hank

Kim is obviously mistaken. Her "look-a-like" has very little in common with her. She is actually talented not Kim.

Jessica Jessica

So if someone looks like her, they better not want an acting career because anyone that hires that girl will get sued? Class act.

Ash Ash

The girl has different colored eyes. Last time I checked having long brown hair wasn't trademarked by Kim.

Kari Kari

I'm kind of shocked by these posts---I agree Kim is way too full of herself, they all are, but I think she has a point. Old Navy is trying to make money off her image, without paying for it,

Hoopee

I honestly wish this chick would go through something that would permanently scar her face forever. I'm not into violence in the least, but I sure would like to see this attention whore look in the mirror and see FRIGHT!

The only reason she's suing Old Navy after the commercial was released almost 2 months ago and only shown for a couple of days is that Reggie Bush is dating the Kim look-a-like chick and it's driving Kim NUTS. She's so jealous she can't stand it. Yeah, she's getting married but it's all a stunt for publicity and to make money. With reports of her being offered over $4million by E! to get exclusive rights to film the wedding, that's the only reason she's getting married.

I hope she becomes a homeless crack whore and we can stop seeing her narcissistic ass on TV. She makes me want to projectile vomit.

ANONYM

My neighbour looks like kim, but taller, thinner and graduate from University. The other girl is a talented singer and dancer.

Curious

Who does Kim think she is.....MILK-O-HOLIC!

HappyToday

Wow! That remembers me the one about LLO and the milk-aholic! And how she claims had lost 15 millions! I haven't seen the commercial! Maybe someone wants more ratings for her reality show!!!

Getouttahere

Kim is a wste of skin. Got famous by taking it up the p**p shoot by some random guy and making a video of it.

Rob

Of course she's claiming 20 million in damages. She needs someone to pay for her fake tv wedding. Too bad she doesn't realize that people have had enough of her and her family's stupidity. TMZ, stop giving this idiot any time on your website or tv show. We the people haven had enough.

Maybe everyone should boycott anything TMZ until they get the point.

PRO US

What kind of person buys perfume or clothes from some tramp who azz-fracked in a video she sold on the internet? LOL

ANONYM

I do beleive that Kim is going to win her lawsuit, remember Mastercard card lawsuit, and remember OJ Simpson. I do think that is like a inexplicable ability to win the lawsuits.

ANONYM

Kim paid a IT company to bring her followers in twiter, 90 pourcent of her followers it s a robot who generate followers, on the base of that she negociated good money endorcements. Cheaters.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

So they used another woman and she looks like her...they never claimed it was her.......what does this whore have a copyright on every woman that looks like her...i think not...old navy has done nothing wrong...greedy azz whore!

janet

Courious...perfect, the Milk-O-Holic garbage. I don't see her bending over and getting butt screwed and being peed on.

Old Navy has no worrys.

LoveJac23

Dear Old Navy. YOU DO NOT---and I repeat DO NOT need a spokeswoman who is or even remotely resembles a person who made their money by making a nasty sex tape. Just as I botcott Sketchers (and anything else affliated with Kim K) I will boycott you as well.

Stupid People Hater

Old Navy would have been fine had they not specifically stated they were trying to copy her on twitter.

ANONYM

She never had a really big fun base who can buy everithing she endorse, than she is realising that she doesn t earn enough money from her product, than a lawsuit is going to make her a fortune,
Who is going to buy her products.
Kim paid a IT company to bring her followers in twiter, 90 pourcent of her followers it s a robot who generates followers, on the base of that she negociated good money endorcements. Cheaters.

Danielle