'B-ball Wife' Sues: Co-Star Beat the CRAP Outta Me

7/22/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Basketball Wives" star Meeka Claxton claims her co-star Tami Roman beat her to a pulp in an Italian nightclub recently -- and now, she's out for revenge ... SUING Tami for assault and battery.

0722-claxton-tami-roman-exd2

TMZ broke the story ... Meeka and Tami had been at odds with each other for a long time -- and according to sources close to the show, Tami tried to settle the score once and for all last month ... with a fist fight.

According to the lawsuit, filed yesterday in New York, Tami "assaulted, battered, beat, threatened, menaced, attacked, jumped on, pushed to the ground, thrashed, punched, and shoved" Meeka ... causing serious injury.

Meeka wants Tami to cough up unspecified damages, claiming the incident cost her a day of filming -- and put her through an emotional and physical hell.

So far, no word back from Tami's camp.

qweechie jane

All Im gone say is Tammi You didn't mug the right bi&%$....I don't like you as much as you don't like Meeka....I wish I was in Rome...you would have had to sue me to get my boot out of well you know the rest!!!!!!!

Payne

Tami and the show both TRASH...No class ....Shaunie sneaky b----. Somebody is really going to get really hurt one day. I hope meeka sues the pants off Tami just for the hell of it.

latorya

Meka came to the table with negativity before she meet the girls like a google whore!!! Ok Tami settled it and u still kept running your mouth so yes she busted ur ass hard enough that your face is still on my floor, 95% of america is like who is her husband you and ur husband are nameless to america!! TAKE THAT ASS WHOOPIN AND LET IT GO, SUEING WONT GAIN YOUR FACE BAKe WITH AMERICA

Ms.CD

as far as Meeka's lawsuit goes, I don't know if she has any recourse here in the US to bring the charges in NYC for an incient that occurred in Italy ... no jurisdiction. So, it appears it may be just another waste of time.

Valencia Reine

Meeka got just what she deserved. True enough that Tammi is a tiger, Meeka came on the show starting mess. From the very first meeting with Royce, talking about she felt guilty about having lunch with the enemy. She should have just laid low, instead as Tammi said she was all too busy trying to get in the Jen and Evelyn circle. And then at the polo game Tammi was in a conversation with Jen and Meeka out of the clear blue Meeka ask Tammi if she was drinking and the claimed to me her mother, someone should have told her that those are Whoop A-- words.Now when it comes to Evelyn and Jen, I am glad that they have been able to talk through their problem, but just remember that they have both passed judgement on their fellow cast memebers relationships (Royce) and now that the shoe fell at Evelyn's door it hurt. Remember there are always two sides to a coin and it just so happen that the coin landed on your head this time.

wendy barnes

man come on meeka a damn lawsuite for getting your ass whooped. man be ****in serious gurl. what the hell u gonna get hell tammi is struggling herslef. just admit u was not ready for the show so dont come on here talkin bout suing tammi for **** hell i wanted to kick your ass my damn self take your ass back to where u came from

Ashley

Tammy looks like grammmy grow the hell up, ghetto bytch. Meeka may be a loud mouth but thats no reason to put your manly hands on her. Go to Mama for more breast milk, you need it you lizard lookin butch. Take her for all the food stamps she got Meeka.

Slick Vic

I am so ashameful at Tami's conduct and feel terrible that her 2 daughters will have to see this. Regardless of what Meeka said / did / didn't do --- Tami has no right to put her hands on anyone and she now should fork over a large amount of money to teach her a lesson. Again, I am mortified.

Tami comes off like a perfect refine lady some of the times - then blows it all up when she acts like a street animal. Gross.

Lyn

I think the episode in Rome with Tami and Meeka was horrible. I use to really like Tammi because she seemed to me the most down to earth, but last night she showed her true colors, the way Tammi attacked Meeka was on called for and I hope Meeka does sue Tammi. I will not be watching this show anymore because it gives African American women a bad name, we are not all like this. Shaunie O'neal should be ashamed of herself.

Lyn

laura

I cansee why these ladies are divorced. Their husbands should sue for custody of their kids. You can't say ladies, because there aren't any. That cow that told Tami whata Meeka said should have been mugged. She is messy and sure isn't a friend. Meeka should have filed charges in rome and left Tami in jail over there. They are all scared of Tami. It seems when ther is trouble, it's either Tami or Jennifer. Evelyn quit being a follower and start thinking for yourself. Royce is the only one with a brain.

jaycee

It's sad that women who are in a position to respresent positive attributes result to a level of subhuman and show those young ladies coming behind them how ignorant, degrading, and anything goes for the love of money and fame. Our foremothers are turning over in their graves, witnessing how their struggles were in vain based on the behaviors of these basketball wives. I am embarassed to even have to acknowledge them as women, let alone women of color. I hope Meeka take the deranged trouble starting, only way to resolve any conflict by violence, Tammi to the bank and leave her helpless and out-famed, and maybe then she will establish some humility. The show should be cancelled because it is truly unattractive.

a.t.

@Dee: "I can't understand for the life of me how a GROWN woman conduct herself that way, on television no less. She is a mother of two impressionable teenage girls. She's always ready to beat on someone. Usually when people act that way, there is some pain and anger within them that gets displaced on the world. She needs therapy, better yet, she needs JESUS!!!!"

+1. Tami has long needed some professional help. She was a regular on the second season of MTV's "The Real World - Los Angeles" in 1993. She was all about the drama back then and nothing has changed in 18 years!

jus me

that Beyotch Tammi need her ass beat down. they need me on the show, Tammi u did say what Meeka said u said, own up to it.

Alunda Riggins

I am so upset with you Tammy!! You have reached a new low. You're a beautiful woman but you make yourself look so ugly by doing such crazy things. Those type of acts don't make for good tv they just make us all look bad!!