Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

RIP

I hope he gets mugged and she gets ran over in NYC. I can't stand Bozo and his murdering client Casey "the whore" Anthony.

Joan

Why would ANYONE pay money to someone because their kid is dead? Accident (probably not) or murder (most likely). It's still blood money. I will #1 personall boycott any channel for the rest of my life that pays her money for an interview and #2 boycott any company for the rest of my life for any company that chooses to advertise during said interview.

joeygirl45

Wow...this guy has no soul

This "woman" who killed her own child should not profit in any way for the murder of her innocent little girl. I will no*****ch, read or buy anything that will line these people's pockets with "blood" money. She should be in prison, not on TV.

What is wrong with this world.... I hope these people never experience a moment of peace for the rest of their miserable lives. All of them. Sick, just sick.

Em

This story has crap written all over it.
Hollywood has already said she is too toxic and it would backfire.
No media is going to touch her because it is going to create such a outcry from the American public. Puh-leeze.

Carolyn

I don't want her on TV because I know she is going to say that Caylee drowned and her dad helped cover it up which just makes me sick. She is the only one responsible.

JulieB

Allison, Bean Reel & Becky, I totally agree. What network would want to profit from a dead child? Simply disgusting. Are we stupid enough to believe anything that comes out of that witch liar's mouth? You know many of the men will watch because she's hot.

mc

i HOPE BAEZ DIES IN A PLANE CRASH

aquanet

Blood money! Shame on the networks and Biaz is nothing but a pimp now.

some guy

Dunno if I'd still let Baez negotiate the terms on Casey's behalf alone.

I think I'd have someone taste the food first if I was Baez.

Edward

Make sure to get the video of Casey killing Caylee. That's essentially what you are paying for. Did Caylee look at Mommy with those big brown eyes, big brown eyes full of terror? Did she try to scream but couldn't because of the duct tape wrapped around her mouth and nose? Did Caylee wriggle around as she was suffocating? We want to see it all on video. Might as well get something for your money.

Anna

Blood money, lawyer has been waiting for this for 3 years. He & she is the s*** of the earth. And don't believe it if they say they aren't 'in bed' together literally. He was always touchy feely with her. Whoever gets that interview I'll no*****ch there network ever again. We need to all pull together and nip this in the bud now.. She killed a little girl and the major networks want to pay her for it? That is exactly what it is.

LR

I have no reason to listen to interviews at all, just read the recap on internet or here on TMZ. That way I know I am practicing what I preach. There is something really despicable about what Baez and his team are doing. I mean....really???

aquanet

She can't take the stand in court, but she can take the moeny from the networks. She and her lawyers are s***bags at the highest level

peoplearesilly

If we, as Americans, watch her, we will all go to hell. I have to say no to this one -- it's just not right.

Joi

I have absolutely no intention of watching this interview -- but I definitely want to know what commercials run during it so that I can BOYCOTT these products and write their CEOs to let them know exactly what I think of their company.