Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

DeAnna

I personally will no*****ch any interview that she does for money. If you think she is not guilty then watch - but in my opinion if you think she is guilty, don'*****ch... she won't be worth anything if people do no*****ch

Patrick

Harvey Levin, "Your a Lawyer" and I have questions,

Why are networks offering "MILLIONS" when financially (and morally) Casey is broke and Baez is struggling! I don't get it?

Why would a network pay BIG BUCKS for an interview knowing how desperate Casey and Baez are for CASH. If anything pay below minimum at best, better yet donate funds to charity!

Can anyone explain the payout reward...I don't get it!

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

TMZ, you neglected to tell us how much you are bidding for the interview. Come on, fess up, how much are you bidding?

Anna

We need to boycott any network that carries an interview no matter how they pay for it. Boycott & never watch their shows again. Go after the advertisers and shut them down.

janja

who didn't see this one coming, how's the network going to justify paying all the money and her no telling the truth every time they ask her if she killed the child. She's found not guilty she can yell it out loud if she did it and they can't do anything about it. So this way she gets the money and can still sit there and smile and not say anything and idiots will still watch this.

InsaneClownPosseChaos

Boycott all, and I mean ALL, slimey,s*** ball, and snarky advertisers for any paid Casey Anthony interview. Let the CEO's know that you and all your friends and associates are voluntarily abstaining from investing in, using, buying, or dealing with any person, organization, or Casey Anthony Advertiser as an expression of protest and outrage. Boycott all, and I mean ALL, slimy,s*** ball, and snarky Casey Anthony Interview Advertisers.

First stop is the Casey Anthony Interview Advertiser company's Web site. Look long and hard -- companies have become sneaky at hiding even their corporate address. One fundamental: Corporations rarely provide their address in the customer service maze. That would be like an invitation. Instead, they bury it in other site categories, such as "About Us" and "Investors" pages, and occasionally in its "Contact Us" page. So this Boycott contacting of the CEO requires diligence.

Sammie

Most definitely WILL NOT purchase ANYTHING by ANY advertiser patronizing this interview!

SilentGrayFellow

to these s***bag piece of **** defense lawyers it's not about finding justice, it's about winning a case and getting the paycheck. it's an ego boost proving they can make a jury believe what he wants them to believe, all the while defending an obviously guilty sociopath.

that bastard couldn't possibly think for one second this baby killer is innocent, and if he does, then i've got a bridge to sell this ******* moron.

Rachel

heres to hoping that she gets murdered before any interview has a chance to take place!!!

Quinn

And that horrible woman put in a POOR PERSON ORDER so she doesn't have to pay the fines in regard to her case. What a joke. I hope and pray the Judge denies that order. She is now going to profit off the murder of her child. disgusting.

lola

She's hot? " ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" in her own words...look at the before murder pics and the after murder pics....TED BUNDY reincarnated!!!!!!!CHARLES MANSON reincarnated!!!!!!

Matt

At least it won't be Geraldo. Matt Lauer won't let her off the hook easy.. I hope he does it.

As for the Casey going to hell comments: she's not going there. Why? Because there's no such thing. So don't waste your time fantasizing about that. Even if there were such a place, she doesn't deserve to go there. Burning in a fire forever and ever and it never stops? Think about it. No one in this short blink of an eye life relative to eternity deserves hell, so get over it.

jess

this bitch shouldn't make a penny for telling "her story".... we all know her story...she killed her daughter....she will get hers....they say karma is a bitch sometimes

SilentGrayFellow

sleep well jose, you helped a murderer walk free

sleep well casey, i hope visions of the rotting corpse of your daughter haunt you for the rest of what we can all only hope is a short, painful, wretched life.

Jen

You can email all three major networks and tell them you won*****ch. I dont think she should be able to profit from this. Regardless of the verdict, a majority of America does not want anything to do with this woman. I perosnally would never watch. EVER. I'd rather pull my eyeballs out with a fork.