Casey Anthony Lawyer Negotiates ($$$) w/ Networks

7/22/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jose Baez -- Casey Anthony's lawyer -- is holed up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, holding court with all of the major networks -- to determine who will score the first interview with Casey -- and big bucks are involved.

Casey Anthony

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC, ABC and CBS are all competing for the first interview.  Sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ there is a "big price tag" for the interview.  We're told the networks -- which say they don't pay for interviews -- are offering to license photos and other material and pay big bucks ... that's S.O.P. in the network game.

We're told NBC looks like the frontrunner so far, but ABC is in the game.  We're told CBS "is a distant third."  We're told NBC is paying for Baez' hotel room.

Baez spent part of the night Thursday in the Mandarin Oriental bar with famed lawyer Mark Geragos (right) -- who knows a thing or two about high-profile cases.  We're told Geragos gave Baez pointers on negotiating the deal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

Will NOT be watching. I hope the interview is a ratings flop, whichever network gets it.

holly holly

I mean.. unless she is going to tell everyone what happen to her kid... lost in grocery store, drowned, what ever.. the real truth is.. its just a waste of money to the fool that pays her to lie more. The girl has not said the truth yet.

jaz jaz

Where was all the outrage when Nancy Dis Grace was pimping out this child's death for profit talk about blood money , hypocrites all of you.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Tammy Tammy

holly holly

jaz jaz

Doreen Doreen

Networks are such freaking hypocrites! Shame on them.

Gatanegra Gatanegra

Networks will pay the big money because they know people WILL watch. If you watch, you're part of the problem!

Cindy Cindy

I'll watch, but I expect it to be a lot of nothing said.

becky becky

Whatever station it becomes... I will boycott!!! That woman has nothing to say that I want to hear.

Abe Abe

I can't wait to watch Casey's interview. Whatever network gets her, I'll be watching! x

Bean Reel Bean Reel

Here's what I'd give you for that interview: $0.00 It's not worth a plugged nickel to hear from that woman. Boo and bad karma to whatever Network forks over so much a dime. You can count me o-u-t out!

jaitop

Why anyone Would pay for more lies from the mother of all liars?

Las Vegas

Makes me pretty sick thinking about all of the money she is going to make off of this TV interview. I hope she forgets to pay income tax and is put away for life by the IRS!!!

Maria

This is a disgrace, how can big money making company's including ABC which is own by DISNEY consider making BLOOD MONEY DEALS WITH A BABY KILLER!!!!
Disney was always a place to take my children and family but if they pay this MONSTER a penny that are just as much of a MONSTER Themselves and they are suppose to be a family company. People need to BOYCOTT ANY COMPANY THAT MAKES DEALS WITH BABY KILLERS/MONSTERS. My family and friends will not be watching anymore ABC OR ANY OTHER COMPANYS THAT PAY ONE RED CENT TO THIS EVIL CREATURE. GOD IS WATCHING AND HOPE BAD KARMA IS ON THE WAY.

sheila estep

I will never watch that liar speak another word. I will also boycott any station who puts her on

donna

Only headlines I want to see about Convicted Felon Casey Anthony are ones reporting her death!Caylee is the victim why would any one pay a CHILD MURDERER!

carolyn

I think that the people that is calling the Lawyer's home is a "COWARD". The Threat to the Wives and Children and the Lawyer's of Casey Anthony is UNAMERICAN the Lawyer's are just doing the JOB

dog

may the one that pay a baby killer go to hell with her

dog

boycott any one that pay a baby killer

Roswitha

I don't support Liers and she is one of the biggset Liar I have ever met! How can you pay some one to come on Tv and tell some more Lies. Waist of money!

Eddie Poirier

Casey murdered her daughter and lied about it to cover it up.
Her lawyer also lied about Casey murdering her daughter and Jose Baez is nothing more than a story teller with very little experience as a lawyer who was very lucky that 12 idiots were on this jury. Why would any major network interview any of these people never mind pay them too? We can't trust them, they all lie for their own benefit. If Baez or Casey writes a book, why would we want to buy a book of lies, or better yet, a book of fiction? DO not reward greed and sleaze.

Cowboy

I will watch, so I will know which sponcers not to ever buy from again!

Carol

I will be boycotting any network that airs that interview and/or pays Casey Anthony a dime of blood money. What an absolute disgrace! Aside from the obvious issues of morality and decency, people must realize that any word that woman utters will be a bold faced lie..so what's the point of conducting an interview?!

ssan

Any interviewing company that sits down with the devil is out of my books. Boycott everything from these monsters who are trying to profit of the death of an innocent child.

moxy

This is America--murder your child--get a lousy jury--treat your parents with no respect--get acquitted--then make money of it--this is America--land of the free!! B-- S---

Nanc

I WATCHED THE TRIAL AND THOUGHT BAEZ WAS A INCOMPENTENT IDIOT; THE ONLY REASON EVIL WALKED IS BECAUSE SHE HAD 12 JURORS MORE STUPID THAN HIM. NOW ALL THE ANTHONYS WANT BLOOD MONEY; ISN'T THIS SPECIAL?? NOW CINDY CAN WIPE HER TEARS WITH $100 DOLLAR BILLS; AS FAR AS EVIL GOES, WELL, SHE JUST DOESN'T HAVE ANY TEARS AT ALL. I STILL THINK BAEZ AND EVIL HAVE SOMETHING GOING ON...
MAY YOU ALL ROT IN HELL! AT LEAST CAYLEE WILL NEVER HAVE TO SEE ANY OF YOU AGAIN! THANK GOD!

Previous 15 Comments | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments