Amy Winehouse -- Signs of Life When Help Arrived

7/23/2011 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Amy Winehouse death investigation tell TMZ ... paramedics found "signs of life" when they arrived Saturday afternoon, but she died before they could transport her.

0722_amy_EX4Our sources were not specific as to the exact nature of the "signs of life."

According to our sources, law enforcement "is operating under the suspicion" this an overdose, although police will not say on the record it's an overdose until the first postmortem exam Sunday morning.

As TMZ first reported, police on the scene determined there were no signs of foul play and there is nothing suspicious about the death.

No comment

@ 2 idiots, my point is there will hundreds of Amy Winehouse costumes in WeHo on Halloween. See you there... and, I wrote it that way so people would around the country would know what I was talking about. There are not hundreds of Amy's on any given night in West Hollywood so what is your point?

glow

AM WONDERING WHO FOUND HER IN HER APT..... HOW LONG HAS SHE BEEN DEAD.. I KNOW THEY TRIED TO REVIVE HER... BY SAYING SHE HAD SIGNS OF LIFE, THERE WAS STILL A CHANCE.... WHO WAS WITH HER... JUST CURIOUS..

smileandshine

Wow, I can't believe it. So young too.
And with people being mean to her just show's how low they are and heartless to judge.
Before this happened seem like nobody really did nothing to help or gave up on her? Now this... When someone is in need do not give up on them

Fat Mike

I'm sure that if there were any sign of life the ambulance officers would have given her Narcan immediately. I've seen that stuff bring people back from the dead.
A lot of people may look at Amy as one of life's losers, but how many people will know your name when you die? Maybe your family and 100 or so other people. Amy was a massively talented woman and the whole world knew it. Like everyone else in the '27 CLUB' she will be remembered more for her talent than her misgivings.

Trademark Application

Friends and family had long warned that Winehouse’s lifestyle, which saw her in and out of rehab and affected her career as a live and recording artist, could be her downfall.

Winehouse’s last filmed performance was last month in Serbia, when she was jeered by the crowd, struggled to perform her songs and keep her balance as her band gamely played on. On some tunes, the audience did most of the singing.

Cartman

Eff all you trolls trying to make your bones off of Amy.

Amy was a great singer and her personal life was what it was... no need to be so uncool about it. It's not like she raped your dog or anything so eff off and let her fans have a moment together.

Cartman

This story is actually quite disturbing.. I would have felt better if she had died more quickly. This sounds like a painful death, with "signs of life" and people trying to resuscitate her. Poor girl..

I hope when my time comes that it's faster than Amy's.

Harpoo67

The one thing that I would like to is how could they tell she was dead? She'd spent the last few years looking like the walking dead so how could they tell the difference? Now TMZ can devote all of it's energy into killing Lindsay Lohan. Then, once that happens, we can concentrate on killing TMZ.

Metta Worldhate

I call her "Blamey".

Rotten Puppets

Never shocked when a druggie dies. Too bad nobody cared for more than a headline or punchline when the kid was alive.

L Latimer

Addiction is evil full stop. RIP Amy, find some peace.

me

I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for her. Her death was not a tragedy. Little kids getting butchered is a tragedy. What happened in Norway is a tragedy. People dying painfully from cancer (not lung cancer from smoking) is a tragedy. A junkie dying from what most likely is an overdose is not tragic. I have health problems that I was born with and will kill me someday, I struggle everyday to stay healthy to prolong my life and here's someone who at 1 time was in perfect health but did not have the common sense to stay away from drugs to begin with and she threw her life away. I feel bad for her parents. They lost a daughter who they loved.

Meh

No big surprise. Wonder if the police will have the balls to find the person who sold her the drugs.

hurl

think about it. first the dude from taxi dies from drugs, then betty ford who has a rehab clinic named after and now Amy Winehouse... the trifecta is complete with the death theme of rehab.

djchalieronbinson