Amy Winehouse -- Signs of Life When Help Arrived

7/23/2011 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Amy Winehouse death investigation tell TMZ ... paramedics found "signs of life" when they arrived Saturday afternoon, but she died before they could transport her.

0722_amy_EX4Our sources were not specific as to the exact nature of the "signs of life."

According to our sources, law enforcement "is operating under the suspicion" this an overdose, although police will not say on the record it's an overdose until the first postmortem exam Sunday morning.

As TMZ first reported, police on the scene determined there were no signs of foul play and there is nothing suspicious about the death.

me and just me..

I AM GLAD BRITTANY SPEARS STRAIGHTED OUT SO THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN TO HER

barbara

I would hope the paramedics would treat her as an overdose if they found no foul play with her history of drug abuse! She over dosed and could not be saved. Now they can collect all the pill bottles and blame it on the Docs that gave her pills.

FYFN

Osopolar

Janis.27... Jimmy.27...Jim M.27... Amy Wannabe??? I don't think so.

Mike

Some of these hard drugs like crack, meth, and heroin pretty much kill your mind, body, and soul a little at a time. Amy was well on her way to death for several years now. It's sad to see people with talent throw it all away because the drugs totally take them over like a REAL demon.

Crystal meth fries your brain so bad after about a year that people start to think you really are retarded or had a head injury in a car accident or something.

Read this quote about the last year or so of "Alice in Chains" singer Layle Staley's life:

In his last interview, given in early 2002 months before his death, Staley admitted, "I know I'm near death, I did crack and heroin for years. I never wanted to end my life this way." Staley's physical appearance had become even worse than before: he had lost several teeth, his skin was sickly pale, and he was severely gaunt.

In the same interview Staley spoke of the damage caused by his heroin addiction:

"I'm not using drugs to get high like many people think. I know I made a big mistake when I started using this ****. It's a very difficult thing to explain. My liver is not functioning, and I'm throwing up all the time and ******** my pants. The pain is more than you can handle. It's the worst pain in the world. Dope sick hurts the entire body."

Roxanne Brown

Who is shocked really these people (drug addicts) keep doing drugs looking to get that next high that isn't there. Your already hooked so you keep tring to find that high that got you in the same situation. GIVE it up people l did there is no next high there's DEATH we have seen it time and time again. We only hear about the singers and actors and actress's there are allot of regular Jills and Joes dying daily.

PAUL

OK so , just read Amy Winehouse died. WONDERING, WHEN THE **** ARE "KIDS" GOING TO LEARN. Life is life, drugs are drugs. You like drugs more. Then you WILL die. I Dont give a **** about her or any other stupid **** that ODz, but If you do. DO IT OLD SCHOOL WAYS. (MY LIFE SUCKS I CANT PAY BILLS...) O ******* well... We as people wonder why the government cant get right, but ******** that are RICH keep ******* up their own lives and DIE. How about being a "Regular person" live our days. BUT NO (I need pills, alcohol..MORE PILLS) DEAD. **** the ACTORS and everyone else. Society is so ****** up that no one knows who to look to. Mom, DoD Mayor, ETC. They are all ******* UP!

wozanihb

One less train wreck to watch, helps clean the gene pool.

janet

C'mon, sad she's dead, but she's been nothing but a tabloid freak show for years. What music? She made an album so what.

She will not be known for that.

Billy

Her music sucked and she was a crack whore junkie. Who really cares, is this a surprise to anyone?

CC

The only thing surprising about this is it took so long. I only wonder if all the 'enablers' surrounding her are themselves wondering where their next paycheck will be coming from? Obviously those parasites are not symbiotic....

Politico Pablo

I find it interesting paramedics would say that. Did she have any discernable pulse? Or, were her pupils fixed and dialated? Either you're dead, or you're not.

lou

Sadder still to know that she was still alive when help arrived. It just seems impossible that a woman with such style and verve and a wonderful voice could pass on so quickly and quietly. Such a loss for us all.

Harvey Levin's Sippy Cup

Who called the paramedics?

Was she lucid enough to do it herself?

Did a friend of hers call? Who else was there? Anyone?

These are really basic questions.

Dang.

Marcia Neil

Perhaps the correct term is 'over-doze', not enough deep-sleep is a definite psychiatric state.