Amy Winehouse -- Body Removed from Home

7/23/2011 2:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paramedics were seen carrying out the body of Amy Winehouse after she was discovered dead in her London home this afternoon.

0723_amy_winehouse_body_getty_launch_2
We're told police have remained outside the apartment and will continue to do so until it is no longer necessary. Police say there is a crowd of around 200 people gathered at the home.

0723_amy_winehouse_police_apartment_video_inf

MC

She was only 27 years old. It doesn't matter how she died, it's sad that someone so young is gone way too soon. R.I.P.

igotfleasfromtmz

I notice a few things that tell me she had been dead for a few days.

Débora Macias

NoOssa!!! Fiquei passada com essa noticia, um jovem muito talentosa.

Shea

Those are definately funeral directors. And why is the one man completely suited up in Personal Protective Equipment. There is no need for that unless the body had begun to decompose, for a matter of days. . . weeks for that matter. However, this picture is not disgusting, it is life, and as a funeral director myself I am in this situation daily. This photo shows what the outcome may be if you do not respect and take care of your body. May she rest in peace.

rlp

This is just gruesome! Used to enjoy TMZ. This is very, very low and unecessary!

Sara

Add another to the list of great musicians who have died at the age of 27...kinda creepy.

Cassie

It seem like people do not have a heart anymore. This was a young gifted artist that died much to young. She had problems and probably crying out for help. No one knows what she was going through. Rest in peace Amy. Love you always.

Jared

No loss as far as I am concerned. A no talent junkie she was, good riddance,

PinkJade

TMZ always posts dead bodies on a gurney. She was more of an alcoholic than a drug addict but it wouldn't surprise me if she died of both. Isaw on her dad's twitter page that he said Amy was getting some r & r and that he canceled all of her gigs a few weeks ago....however he is due to perform in NY on Monday. I wonder if he will still perform :/ As for Amy, it's ashame that she didn't see her god given talent like the rest of the world did. I wasn't a fan but did like some of her songs. She had a uniqueness that I like....she is an original, not a studio made computer generated carbon copy of everyone else. RIP Amy!! :)

nena123456

Paramedics don't wear suits and ties and have funeral home emblems on their vehicles. Probably the coroner . She must have been dead for some time for zero efforts in resuscitation to be made.

JTo

those aren't Paramedics!

Eastender

Quite suprised TMZ didn't hop the tape and pull the blanket back. That's the kind of self-righteous reporting they do nowadays. SICKOS.

j

How very classy of you TMZ. I really hope her family doesn't see the super stupid picture you posted. How stupid of you to think anyone wanted to see it. We know shes dead.

Jessica

You can make out the outline of her body ... I feel so badly for her parents who tried everything to keep in clean. Drugs and enablers, you win again.

Bob

I remember thinking that the NO NO NO song was really catchy...but when I saw this nasty homeless looking creature with a gagging amount of Tattoo's she just smelled of death. Thats an unhappy thing for everyone, but not suprising. This young waste of a life wasnt doing anyone any good, except maybe those ******* idiots at TMZ...wait...what?