Amy's Hangout -- We Hadn't Seen Her in a Month!

7/23/2011 1:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Jazz Cafe in Camden Town was one of Amy Winehouse's favorite places to hang out -- but one of the employees there says they hadn't seen her in a month ... and they were beginning to worry about her.

0619_amywinehouse_getty_bn_2
According to the employee, Amy would come in a couple of times a week. The staff there had seen Amy at her lowest, but says that recently she had looked healthy -- and not the emaciated version of Amy we had sometimes come to known.

Amy was known to come in with an entourage of people, but we're told recently she was only coming in with one other person. Then, according to the employee, she stopped coming about a month ago and she hadn't been in since.

Amy was found dead in her apartment this morning. She was 27.

Nicole

Is there an indication she's been dead for an extended period of time?

Prince Von A-Hole

You see Its not inappropriate for TMZ to do these vulgar disgusting things because she was not gay. In their eyes anything goes unless the target is gay, then you are homophobic.

She had great talent and the tabloids played a part in her death.
Im sure there was a few times she was clean and sober until reading some bogus story send her back into that world.

Ghost Rider

She knew she had hell hounds on her trail.

Samii Minaj/Danta

SMH people talk **** like she never tried to get clean. It's so sad..she never got to really live her life clean and healthy. All these people talking **** are just **********. Like seriously. Respect people in death stop trashing them. She at least made the effort to go to rehab unlike alottt of so called junkies or drug addicts. God be with her soul and her family..at lest now she's at peace and out of pain..RIP Amy..god be with her family and friends.

bring back recent posts

...famous for a couple of hits..infamous for being drug addict, multiple arrest and erratic public behaviour, what a waste..hope others learn from this...jail or death are only results..100% of the time..STOP

lander

i really like that song about her umbrella. everything else pretty much sucked - but that song made me love her. it's so sad. RIP

dee

wHY NO ONE SAW HER SHE WAS ALL DOPPED UP AND ON HER WAY TO HER DEATH NO ONE TO BLAME BUT HERSELF.

Ballistic

She tried to get help.. several times. It's a hell of a disease, and it kills many people every year. Congratulations to TMZ, who did their part to keep her down. Hey-- maybe you guys will get lucky and kill Lindsay next.

Jim Deen

This chick had one good album. That's about it. Great voice for a while but she ruined it.

homey

Who really cares if this bag of dog**** is dead

Stealth Ninja

No No Mo Rehab for Amy . Some just don't get it, wonder if Lindsay lowlife Lohan gets it now ? !!!

Chef Jack Tripper

Certain drugs you don't eff with. Heroin, cocaine, meth, the heavy drugs are best to be avoided at all costs. Too much work to get off of after you realize you are in way over your head. That is if you can get off them. When that happens, you have two options, death and jail. Stay away from the hard drugs. Smoking grass is ok though.

sharmaine73

Amy, I believed in you and I was pulling for you. I know addiction was hard to escape. I also know you would never have chosen to be a junky, a crack head, or an alcoholic. I am disappointed that you couldn't come out of the fog long enough to realize your body was failing. I am sad that instead of taking that last hit, you didn't hear the small voice of reason telling you to put the pipe down, walk out your front door and scream for help.

Maybe your mental faculties were too far gone and your frail malnourished body simply couldn't take it any longer. You are responsible for picking up the pipe, Amy. No one forced you to do it. But I believe your friends and your family were enablers who let you down when they should have been working to shield you from the people who only cared about what they could take from you. In the foggy haze of drug addiction you're helpless and manipulative people know it. I wish someone had come to your aid with the police and a court order to take over your life until you could run it yourself. Where the hell were your parents!? And where was BLAAAAAKE who claimed to love you so much. The loss of someone so beautiful and with such talent, in the prime of their lives is tragic and should have never happened to you.

Amy, I hope you weren't alone when the end came. I hope you weren't afraid. I hope you weren't in pain. I hope you have finally found the peace you kept looking for in that crack pipe. At least we all can find some solace in knowing that we don't have to worry about you anymore. We are saddened that you left us so soon, but at least now we know, nothing can harm you anymore and someday we'll touch your hand and see your face again. You'll be singing. RIP Amy.

sharmaine73

bunny

Certainly her body wasn't laying there for a month. If so, that's sad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments