Amy Winehouse -- No Signs of Foul Play

7/23/2011 10:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There were no signs of foul play in the death of Amy Winehouse ... Scotland Yard tells TMZ.

0722_amy_EX2
The singer was found dead in her London apartment this afternoon.

We're told an autopsy has been scheduled for tomorrow.

0723_amy_footer_launch

some guy

@RamHead

You're right. I think Amy's death should serve as a cautionary tale for all the crackheads out there.

OK... PSA over... I can stop being nice now.

areelgirl

you know people who think addiction is a choice, don't know their a#$% from a hole in the ground. R.I.P. Amy.

sky

I am heartbroken , gone too soon , for no good reason, DRUG DEALERS WE HATE YOUR STINKING GUTS. DEATH TO ALL ILLICET DRUG SELLERS ThIS is what you do to our most talented and vulnerable stars.

Now may she rest in peace from her tormentors

Lauren

tragic at such a young age....but why even question if there was foul play? its obvious it was drugs.

lettie

what the world needs now is love sweet love.... we are not Amy's judge. I find her story very sad.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

When I first saw the headline I was shocked, but I don't know why. I knew it was coming. Looking for foul play is a formality in this case. What a waste of talent.

areelgirl

benice. RIGHT ON! LOVE YOUR COMMENT!

Marie

Andrea - So you can judge? Are you a talented singer sondwriter who won just about every award for your first album at the age of 23??

ISIS

YOU KNOW WHAT PEOPLE DEATH IS DEATH ITS FOREVER THAT GIRL WILL NEVER WALK GODS EARTH AGAIN! F*U#K HOW IT HAPPENED, SOME OF YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO TALK SH*T ABOUT HER SHE'S DEAD YOU ******** LET YOUR HATRED GO YALL DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HER ON A PERSONAL LEVEL AND WHAT IF SHE WAS YOUR FRIEND, COUSIN OR SISTER IS THAT HOW YOU WOULD WANT PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT HER WE ALL KNOW SHES PROBABLY THE CAUSE OF HER OWN DEMISE BUT THAT'S NO REASON NOT TO SHE RESPECT FOR THE DICIEST AS FAR AS WE KNOW THE ONLY PERSON SHE HURT WAS HERSELF AND THE PEOPLE HOW WILL HURT NOW IS HER FAMILY NOT ANY OF YOU SO STOP ALL YOUR HATING ITS DISGUSTING GO THANK GOD YOU STILL HAVE YOUR OWN LIFE CAUSE YOU COULD GET HIT BY A BUS NEXT TIME YOU LEAVE YOUR HOUSE DEATH COMES IN ALL FORMS!

trishadishawareagle

What the world realy needs now is less social media so that you people can go back to doing something productive instead of live vicariously thru celebritards.

I do take exception to the pity party for drug addicts, though. Tragedy is when a 4 year old has leukemia or lymphoma..something they did not do to themselves..Self inflicted injury is never very high on my pity list, and I save my very finite empathy for kids who are suffering, not adults, and never adults who self inflicted the wounds.

Samii Minaj/Danta

That's sad/ she had a beautiful voice..She was a druggie and we all know how she died lets be real..but it's still sad. she didn't deserve 2 die just because of that. it's so disgusting when people come on here and rag and talk **** about people just 2 make themselves feel better. sad sad lonely people. anyway at least now she's in peace. sad she didn't get the chance to fight this disease.

wendy

she was a unique artist with a severe problem. she had a talent and was a human being, i'll always think of her as an artist. shine on baby girl....

HMMMM

Don't know her music or much about her. Just a sad thing, to die so young before she could ever really live.

azlee

it is sad that some can't handle the fame and the money. I feel for her family.

jpm4444

People are comparing her to Janis Joplin? lol;

I'm not into Joplin; before my time but I know history. Joplin was the Queen of Rock and roll and paved the way for any female singing a rock song.

If you look at Amy Whinehouse career she made one great CD that won 5 grammy's and that's just about it.

After the 2006 cd, even her father said she seemed to only tour when she needed money, obviously for her drug addiction.

He made a plea to the public not to support her music or her tour because she was using it only to get high, after she got mad at her parents for them wanting her to go into rehab again.

Addicts can only stop taking drugs if they want to. If they don't you can't do a thing.