Amy Winehouse -- No Signs of Foul Play

7/23/2011 10:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There were no signs of foul play in the death of Amy Winehouse ... Scotland Yard tells TMZ.

0722_amy_EX2
The singer was found dead in her London apartment this afternoon.

We're told an autopsy has been scheduled for tomorrow.

0723_amy_footer_launch

Lena

areelgirl You are A REAL DOPE. Addicts CHOOSE to pick up the addicting substance. Yes some of us are pre-disposed to addiction (and therefore are more likely to become addicted quicker IF we are foolhardy enough to ignore COMMON KNOWLEDGE, numerous warnings and every cautionary tale ever told. I come from such a family. I have 40 first cousins. I can count on one hand how many of us are sober. ALL of my mother's siblings were alcoholics and/or drug addicts or folks who CHOSE to marry alcoholics and drug addicts. EACH one of them, my mother included, ******* CHOSE that lifestyle. The choice comes before one picks up the joint, pipe, straw, glass or bottle. Addicts AND EVERYONE ALWAYS have a choice.

Lena

They told her to go to rehab and she said: "No, No, No!" and now she's dead dead dead. Another one (junkie that is) bites the dust. Next up: Charlie Sheen, Mary Kate (the Crack Muppet)Olsen, Daniel Baldwin,and Lindsay Lohan

lmg

To read the hate filled comments on here like..haha..lindsay is next..good riddance...make me sick. Also makes me think how hate filled and miserable you people must be in life. And you all, probably have some type of addiction yourself! Gluttony...alcohol..cigs...who knows! Most everyone knows or has a family member who suffers w/addiction...how would you feel if those comments were made about them. Yes. she did it to herself, but stop w/the evil hate!

smd

Tragic junkie...thank god she didn't make any babies. This was bound to happen...I'm suprised it took so long....good riddance.

Betty

Rest in Peace, your demons cannot haunt you anymore. Your voice will truly be missed.

areelgirl

LENA--YOURE RIGHT, IAM A REAL DOPE. I'M AN ALCOHOLIC AND DRUG ADDICT. BACK IN THE DAY, I DIDN'T SIT DOWN AND SAY, I THINK I'LL BECOME AND ADDICT WHEN I GROW UP! I COULD BE ONE OF YOUR COUSINS. I FIT RIGHT IN YOUR FAM. ARE YOU AN ADDICT OR A CODEPENDENT? I BET SOME OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS WOULD AGGREE WITH ME. MAYBE WE ARE STARTING TO SPILT HAIRS. I HAVE AN ADDICTIVE PERSONALLITY. TODAY, I CHOOSE TO BE CLEAN AND SOBER.. ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Jackie

RIP...Amy!

bob

Who is she anyways? Never heard of her

Mark

What a waste.

Larry D

No one should die at age 27. Addiction is a horrible disease that is 100% fatal if left untreated. I am o*****eneration that is unfamiliar with her music career. That doesn't matter right now. Death is the great equalizer of us all. I hope she is at peace now.

anonymous

very sad, and very young..her boozy, druggy self was part of her whole gig. her youth had her not hit bottom yet, and, like whitney houston, she hadnt hit bottom yet...even in public. look whitney houston just went to rehab again. look at robert downey folks. amy's dad tried to help..and, amy probably did the best she could, but felt she was infallible. she didnt hide it..rip..sad, she felt the only way out of her addictions was death..no hope..rest in peace amy...compassion for her family and friends, and fans. the rest of you, try some compassion, or you are heartless. look at yourselves.

trishadishawareagle

#areelgirl

one of my cousins was a junkie and died of blood poisoning from sharing needles.
I had no pity for them either. They did it to themselves. I only pity that she had a kid before she died who had to suffer for her moms selfishness. Now that my cousin is dead her daughter got adopted and has a much better life. At least this singer didn't spawn.

benice

trishadishawareagle,

19? Based on the level on your posts I would have guessed younger. So you have it all figured out, eh? So a thinking person and a superior I.Q. (need both, huh?) would never touch drugs. Karma just put her boots on and is heading your way....

Marie

She either died from a drug overdose or her body had collapsed from alcohol poisoning.

anonymous

i sincerely hope and pray for those of you who are heartless, non compassionate , i will call you humans, but you are not acting like it. respect the dead, and their families. the dead, amy, was a human being. she probably took her life, because these addictions were something she couldnt live with anymore, and cause pain to others. i am not saying it was at her own hand until they decide that..i am astounded at the lack of compassion with the majority of posters. i consider the source though. it is sickening to say these things about dead people, and have no compassion for her dad, who did everything in his power to help his daughter...she was an adult, and there was just so much he could do. also, the rest of her family and friends, and fans, compassion for them. amy is gone no, time to grant her peace from her inner demons, and, also, know, she did try rehab, and did her best, but, obviously she was tormented, and in horrible pain and addiction...peace be with amy..compassion to all that loved amy. the rest of you, go to he__.