Joshua Jackson Hospitalized -- Bad Allergic Reaction

7/23/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joshua Jackson was rushed to the hospital Thursday night in Santa Monica ... after an intense allergic reaction ... Jackson's rep tells TMZ.

0722_joshua_jackson_npg_tmz_ex
No word on what caused the reaction -- but he didn't seem too worried about the situation as he casually strolled out of the hospital soon after with his girlfriend Diane Kruger by his side.

TMZ spoke with Jackson's rep who told us, "Josh had an allergic reaction (not asthma attack)" ... adding, "[He] is perfectly fine."

Sloane

Dawson's Creek
and Fringe
he's lucky to be in 2 hits
always liked him
seems like a nice grounded guy

hope it's nothing too serious
some allergic reactions can kill so he was smart to get medical attention

my son wears a medical alert pendant with "penicillin and bee sting" engraved on it
(bees/wasps/hornets-not sure which stung him)
he's amost died twice and has to always have his epi kit (epinephrine autoinjector) with him to prevent anaphylactic shock long enough for him to get to a hospital for life saving treatment

so if Joshua is fortunate it won't develop into a life-threatening allergy
but always best to have it checked out by medical experts

Sonja

Whenever a 'star' says they had to be hospitalized for 'an allergic reaction' but never say to shellfish or peaches ect.. you know what it really means is ... "I took a pill and had a bad reaction that scared me so I went to the hospital"

Kari

Glad he's fine--but WHO THE HECK IS JOSHUA JACKSON?

Viv

Joshua Jackson is Pacey from Dawson's Creek, and is also on the hit show Fringe. He has been in several movies including the Mighty Ducks movies, Urban Legend, Cursed, Cruel Intentions, The Skulls, Bobby, etc.. I could name them all.. Glad he is okay!!

Aaron

Where do you keep digging up these people. Never heard of this one either... I must be out of multiple loops. I'd rather spend time with my amazing dogs anyway!

Jenny

Still love you Pacey after all these years. <3

StevenB

"Allergic reaction" is the new "Exhaustion". PR code for Overdose/alcohol poisoning/breakdown - usually OD.

JBRANTLEY

IF this stupid **** dies, he's going to **** up the best show on TV. FRINGE. Cut the **** Peter. Take it easy, I love coke too. I don't try snorting an entire 6 ball in one sitting.

DatDogBitez

When throwing an obscure B-list celebrity name at us, maybe you should include a detail or two about who he is...

perw

What the hell is everyone's problem? If you don't know an actor then Don't ****IN read their damn article! God!

E

Drugs? He has a nut allergy, it's not hard to accidentally ingest something with nuts in.

MP

I've loved Joshua Jackson since Dawson's Creek! Glad to hear he's OK. I'd much rather hear about him than one of these stupid reality stars.

Krysia

Oh please...
Josh Jackson starred in all the Mighty Ducks movies as a child actor, he starred in one of the biggest teen dramas Dawson's Creek (Katie Holmes' real life boyfriend at the time as well as on the show) and currently stars in the hit Fox show Fringe. He's been working as an actor in TV and films for over 20 years. He's hosted SNL, guest starred on the Simpsons, had a "got Milk" ad, a cameo as "himself" in Ocean's Eleven, etc etc etc.
Wy do you even visit a celebrity news site if you have no knowledge of movies, TV or Pop Culture in general?

Although I never really did understand why some people just assume that everyone must possess the same limited knowledge that they do.

bamboodo

i feel relieved to hear he's getting better now!!!!

capesider

Joshua Jackson is the person who could have saved Katie Holmes from the horrible life fate had in store for her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments