Amy Winehouse

Autopsy Underway

7/25/2011 8:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The autopsy on Amy Winehouse has just begun ... TMZ has learned.

Amy Winehouse Cause of Death
So far, police have said her death was "not suspicious" and that there were no signs of foul play.

UPDATE: The autopsy is now complete. According to police, no cause of death was established ... toxicology test results are still pending and will take 2 to 4 weeks.

0725_remembering_amy_winehouse_footer_V2

Rage

not a good choice of photos there TMZ

Kàt

Sad. I imagine all the years of drug use had caught up with her.

Marie

It's very sad that Amy died so young and she did not even have kids or find a man that really loved her and she could not continue being the uber talented singer and songwriter that she was.

venicementor

To think that this was foul play absolutely deifies logic! This young woman has done everything in her power to get to this point. She was killed by a lack of common sense. Can anyone spell O V E R D O S E, whether on purpose or by accident. People today all want a conspiracy and the reason for that is they can't trust anyone, including themselves. Think about!!!

Emm

DAMN!!! TMZ do you have someone standing over the body?

This puts a new perspective on "Minute to Minute reporting"

WOW...

KristinaLA

I bet it was a drug overdose.

Ehécatl

Good work, TMZ. But this could take a long time. They´ll need hours just to get through her bee hive.

hello cleveland

Who starts an autopsy at 4:45pm?

rico

MARIE, ONE DOS"NT HAVE TO HAVE KIDS TO BE HAPPY,PLEASE.....

Big D

Gosh, i wonder what she died from?
Please save your time, she either died from a direct OD or from liver/kidney/heart shutdown from past abuse...

jdub

My guess is combo of OC's and alchohol. Taking bets... anybody, anybody?

Kàt

sad, but I imagine all the years of drug use had caught up with her

Lisa

This is very sad. We will miss you Amy!!

Mairi

I saw a couple pictures of her with her hair down and no makeup and she was cute! She was chatting with a cab driver. Sounded perfectly normal - looked normal - and was very nice. Why would someone make themselves so ugly and unappealing? Weird. I think everyone knew it was just a matter of time. Poor thing.

peachpie

I was not a Winehouse fan even though I liked her and her music.
Some of the nicest people I have ever met have drug problems. I am going to take some time and instead of Charlie Wilson and Soul, I'll play some Amy. R.I.P.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments