« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodgers Beating Suspect's Mom: My Son Is Innocent!

7/26/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of Marvin Norwood -- one of two suspects in the vicious beating of Bryan Stow -- is coming out in defense of her son ... telling TMZ, "I don’t think Marvin did it. I believe he is innocent."

0725_droene_sanchez_marvin_norwood_ex

Marvin's mom Diana Page tells us, "He’s a good son and not capable of this type of behavior. He was a good worker. He takes care of his family."

Diana adds, "He’s a good father, he’s compassionate, and he has a healthy relationship with Dorene" -- Marvin's girlfriend -- who was also arrested in connection with the brutal attack of Stow.

According to Diana, "[Marvin] and his father used to have opposing views regarding sports teams, and they used to tease each other, but it never, ever got heated."

Diana says she hasn’t heard from Marvin since the arrest on Thursday, but believes justice will prevail ... in his favor.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Dutra

Time for a polygraph. Hook his mommy up too.

AL

I bet STOW was talking crap & who ever beat him had enough of his big mouth! Lots of people had Giants jerseys & did not get beat! I would be mad at Stow's buddies!! Where did they run off to? If they had his back, the beating would not have been as bad! What a great friend Stow is, he took the punches & kicks for all of them!

lori

When the police arrested Ramierz, my husband and friends said they were glad that they found this guy! I said they have the wrong guy just by looking at his picture! I said the cops and prosecutors were trying to set him up! Now, they have found the real two guys that hurt the giant fan!

Gloria

I'm sorry "Mother of Marvin Norwood" but EVERYONE is capable of doing bad things when they're drunk! You're son is no exception. Wake up, that's the world we live in.

Jimmy

I love LA! Keep ya head up homies. 911 is a joke. They got nothing but arresting any hispanic wearing dodger gear. Take note visiting team fans....just shut the f--k up and watch the game. And go home safe.

Hanging to da lef

Mrs. Page, your son is an arsh hole, you can stick a rose in an arsh hole but it's still an arsh hole.

Kevin

Doe's the mom know she's a douche bag?

Watcher

So how's that lie working for you Diana? Your son is guilty and a pathetic human. At the end, God will deal with him, sad isn't it Diana?

I'm only 17

"He’s a good son and not capable of this type of behavior. He was a good worker. He takes care of his family."-
We all know this guys rap sheet for Domestic Violence, so unless his mother is illiterate, she sounds a lot like my ex's mother. I feel SO sorry for mom's who raise violent little ****s into violent horrible adults. This lady needs help.

en Todo Momento!!

yeah, that dude looks totally innocent...innocent of being innocent.

Brien