Kim K Sued Old Navy to Protect Sears Deal

7/25/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We now know what's really behind Kim Kardashian's lawsuit against Old Navy -- protecting a HUGE deal the Kardashian clan has with Sears ... sources close to the fam tell TMZ.

0724_kimk_k_sears_old_navy_ex
As TMZ first reported, Kim filed suit against Old Navy because she felt they were trying to intentionally deceive people into thinking she was a spokeswoman for the company by using a girl who looked just like her in their commercials.

But our sources say ... the suit was filed because Sears felt the Old Navy commercial compromised its ad campaign for the Kardashian Kollection -- an exclusive line of clothing and bedding that launches in about a month and a half.

We're told Sears execs actually questioned if Kim was part of the Old Navy ads. The company feels the ad creates confusion in the marketplace and that happens to be exactly what Kim needs to prove to win her suit.

Bottom line -- Kim doesn't care about KK wannabes ... but she cares a lot about a deal that could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

Cleveland Gal

I love Sears but, hate that they want a Kardashian to sell it I am so tired of this family.

Stupid People Hater

Wow, Sears wants this slut promoting their products? Did they see the black behemoth pounding it into her before they signed her up for this?

Roz

Then General Mills the makers of Frankenberry cereal should sue her sister Khloe since she looks like the character on the box.

Tanya

Old navy should hire a bunch of brunette and tan chicks and put them all in a commercial to really piss kk off

gigi

COMPLAIN TO SEARS ON SEARS.COM! I just let them know that they lost a customer because of their ignorant partnership with this p0rn star.

BW

Would this stupid B*TCH just STFU for a change. She has 00 talent and need to be put in her place. The whole family
is a sad bunch, wish they would just go away forever.

kadi

First of all Sears sucks. I haven't been in a Sears in at least 5 years, probably more. You can rarely find a salesperson. And secondly I wouldn't even consider purchasing ANY thing that had the Kardashian name on it. I am SO sick of these media hos!!! As for Old Navy...I think the model looks a lot more like Eva Longoria, who actullay works for a living & has a skill rather than wearing tight clothes. I hope Old Navy WINS!!

guest

The K klan wear designer clothes and shoes, etc, but their so-called line of clothes that they hawk are nothing but cheap trashy looking knock offs. The Bebe line that they peddled didn't even sell; my granddaughters wouldn't be caught dead in their rags (and I am quoting them). These moneywhores will take sear's money and run laughing all the way to the bank.

ssunshine

OKay so maybe Katy Perry should sue Zooey Deschanel (The New Girl: on Fox)for taking money away from the smurfs...!! or maybe from her sales..Get real maybe Kim is tring to start a trend to get people to sue thier look alikes..I guess her Manger knows after the wedding their is no other money coming in...She is so plaid out..

AyeJay

GO COMPLAIN ON SEARS.COM !
ON THE HOMEPAGE TO THE UPPER RIGHT IT SAYS " GIVE FEEDBACK " ,
LETS LET SEARS KNOW THAT THIS KARTRASHIAN FAMILY ARE FAME AND MONEY HUNGRY WH-RES !

stacey

So is this girl not allowed to do ANY advertisement jobs or ANYTHING in Hollywood for something she can't control?! You're overstepping your bounds Ms. Kardashian. Get over yourself.

dimes

Sears? Home of the muu-muu? Kardashian is probably just pissed that she couldn't attract a hipper store brand.

joecrabs

Sears ha***** ROCK BOTTOM. And what constitutes a "huge" deal to these people? For God's sake, please, please go away you talentless mannequin!

Phil

They have long black hair. Thats about the only thing similiar I see.

Deb

Am I the only one who finds it depressing that this garbage is what young girls idolize? Exactly what has she accomplished other than a sex tape? I am sick and tired of worthless, trashy girls being pushed on us by the media. I want our daughters to emulate strong, beautiful women. Not someone as fake and ugly inside as Kim Kardashian.