Rome from 'Sublime' -- AMAZING Winehouse Tribute

7/25/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sublime's new frontman Rome was so moved when he heard about Amy Winehouse's passing ... he hit the recording studio and busted out a version of "Rehab" in her honor ... and it's AMAZING.

072511_winehouse_tribute_still

Rome included this message with the video, "I recorded this tribute for Amy Winehouse after I heard the news of her passing. she is a huge inspiration to my music. We miss you Amy."

OCProRecording

next thing Rome's gonna claim is that he wrote that song too!

Debbie

Excellent cover of an excellent song. RIP Amy Winehouse.

lisa

I think its cool

Rjsd11

Loved this. Love his voice. Awesome!
Sick of reading negative comments but then again some people are just negative and miserable & I feel sorry for them.

Kelly

******* great, heartfelt rendition. One that Amy Winehouse would probably get behind-

WillOTheWisp

Rjsd11 4 hours ago Loved this. Love his voice. Awesome!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amen to that!!
However, I don't feel sorry for them, because they can change - by changing the way they think!!

Jeremy

All you haters are simply terrible! Rome didn't do this for a dollar, nor exposure... can you hear his is voice?? The man can sing! Also, Rome with the Bud and Eric of Sublime is a good thing. The new album is awesome. I like how Rome isn't trying to sound anything like Brad, if you want that, go check out a Sublime cover band. I do agree that they could have named the band something else... but it is what it is.

Crap

He sounds like a human that's dieing. This kid loves to ride the coat-tails of the dead doesn't he. Can we send him back to Cali? They can keep him. Sublime is dead LET IT DIE! Does anyone else really want to punch this kid in the face...........a little bit everyday.........for the rest of your life.........?

Skip Barrett

It's no wonder SUBLIME waited so long to find the right Vocalist! Rome...Is a Talented Cat!
"His tribute to Amy is Righteousness"

Some people call the "Jealous Commenters" haters,..But really they are just "loser's" voicing their twakked out opinions. thank God we live in a free society where even Jealous tweekers can comment.
But for ME! I just bought my tickets to see SUBLIME w ROME in Dallas!

Diana

Excellent, I like this better then the orignal! Rome, Erin and I can't wait to see you in Denver.

Your friends from Orange County
Erin,Cam and Erin's mom!

barbiemacs

HE DID A GREAT JOB...SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN HONORED...YOU IDIOTS..IT IS NOT FOR MONEY...IT IS A TRIBUTE TO SOMEONE HE LOVED AND ADMIRED...The ones critisizing are probably the same ones who think Casey Anthony is HOt...a baby killer...geeeez...Great Job Rome!!!! Gave me goosebumps!!

Dee

And what exactly is so amazing about this? It's not.

yvette

apparently theres a bunch of haters putting down talent that they couldnt even think up. i sound like that when its that time of the month. people need to get off their rag.

sherrie

Great Voice....yes..............timing??????? Perfect for his career I am sure, Hollywood types are all bottom feeders thats for sure, they want to make it seem that it is all genuine...RIP Amy, no One after Death should be talked about this way, you were who you were and that is Final Curtain! Exit right............:)

Pixiesticks007

Rome is a blasphemy. I will never listen to anything Sublime with him as the front man. Sublime died when Brad died. This song isnt that great.