Rome from 'Sublime' -- AMAZING Winehouse Tribute

7/25/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sublime's new frontman Rome was so moved when he heard about Amy Winehouse's passing ... he hit the recording studio and busted out a version of "Rehab" in her honor ... and it's AMAZING.

072511_winehouse_tribute_still

Rome included this message with the video, "I recorded this tribute for Amy Winehouse after I heard the news of her passing. she is a huge inspiration to my music. We miss you Amy."

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Pixiesticks007

NO ONE I*****ING ON ROME. IT IS JUST A HORRIBLE TRIBUTE. HE SANG THE SONG POORLY, AND HE SUCKS AS SUBLIMES FRONT MAN. IT IS BLASPHEMOUS. HOW THE HELL COULD THEY EVEN TRY TO REPLACE BRAD? IT IS A JOKE, AND SUBLIME JUST NEEDS TO GIVE UP. I AM EMBARRASSED FOR THEM AND FOR HIM FOR DOING THIS BUNK AS SONG WITH NO ORIGINALITY. I COULD SING THIS SONG OVER A TRACK BETTER THAN THIS DUDE. A COMPLETE JOKE SUBLIME!!! GET A LIFE. LONG LIVE AMY.

Pixiesticks007

WE ARE NOT BEING HATERS. ROME SUCKS AND SO DOES THE NEW SUBLIME. I DON'T CARE HOW MANY NEW FANS THEY ARE ACQUIRE. THEY WILL STILL BE WASHED UP IDIOTS. I DON'T CARE IF THEY GOT A PERSON TO IMITATE BRAD'S VOICE CAUSE IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. GIVE IT UP ROME! GIVE IT UP SUBLIME. YOU SUCK AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR DOING THIS PARTICULAR SONG. YOU COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ELSE MORE FITTING FOR THE OCCASION.

BHPlayon

Rome has an amazing voice and is talented. He could make it without Bud and Eric, I'm sure. He is THAT talented. Trust me they are touring with one of the best bands ever, 311, and are not hurting for fans. Haters are going to hate. But I feel that Rome was genuinely moved by her death and this is a tribute. By the way, I was a Sublime fan from the beginning and I am excited to see Sublime and Rome open for 3ll in Atlanta this weekend.

Mike

Some people are so stupid. Rome was letting people download this for free until Winehouse's record label told him to stop. We was allowed to keep his video on Youtube though

trisha

**** I WANT TO LICK THAT MANS TEETH!!! SO ******* SEXY!

trisha

**** I WANT TO LICK HIS TEETH!!! THAT MAN IS ****IN SEXY!!

Lisa

fab!!!!

Larine

I love this! Rome puts much emotion into it. I seriously doubt that his motive was money, but rather to pay tribute to Amy like the title says "Tribute". Amy was a very talented musician with a great voice. She had addictions, but that doesn't give anybody the right to condemn her. Rest in peace, dear Amy.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12