Rome from 'Sublime' -- AMAZING Winehouse Tribute

7/25/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sublime's new frontman Rome was so moved when he heard about Amy Winehouse's passing ... he hit the recording studio and busted out a version of "Rehab" in her honor ... and it's AMAZING.

072511_winehouse_tribute_still

Rome included this message with the video, "I recorded this tribute for Amy Winehouse after I heard the news of her passing. she is a huge inspiration to my music. We miss you Amy."

Bobby Trendy

I think its too soon to be coming for ward with a tribute like this one..and if it was a TRIBUTE how come theres no picture of Ms Winehouse in the video? I would have show pictures of her as a little girl all the way up to when she hit stardom. People can say anything they want about me but when the late Anna Nicole Smith died I didnt come out with a book I am NOT coming out with a book or made any $ on her death I only tributed her by saying kinds things and how she changed my life. I dont think this song realy was a tribute it was more os a sales trans action. Im now going to listen to Ms. Winehouse's version as my way of tribute to her!

dman

Well done. RWP get some ******* therapy.

jason

nice video! check out my tribute song I wrote to Amy called "Done with Wishing" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYAHHNgLhVg

T.J.

This is an extremely inappropriate song choice considering the situation.

You stay classy, man.

Karmagal

AMAZING.. What a lovely tribute and Rome's voice is stellar. Well done!!!

FreakHater

HOLY WOW!!!!!! AWESOME! And I'd buy it!!!!

fatsexy

There is this guy singing live. He sucks. This is a video of him singing with the AutoTuned, produced track playing. He's already capitalizing off one drug OD by being in Sublime, guess that wasn't enough for him. Pathetic.

cindy

Rome's voice is soulful like Amy's. I think he did the song justice. I think she would have liked it. She would have been proud. Excellent job!!

Biff

Lead singer of a band (got his job when original singer OD's) sings the song from someone who just died (Most likely from OD)

Isn't ironic...don't you think?

Kiko

Bam Mangera is kicking himself in the ass right now for not thinking of this first.

malibubarbie

awesome job

Rehaboi

what if he did sang that tribute in memory of Amy.and you are just bitter Ass@#$

Nicole

Tacky, autotuned crap - exploitation etc etc

overall just very lame and unnecessary

CitySide

Bravo, Rome. That was beautifully done!

Shug

goosebumps! just awesome RIP Amy, you n your talents will be missed.