Rome from 'Sublime' -- AMAZING Winehouse Tribute

7/25/2011 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sublime's new frontman Rome was so moved when he heard about Amy Winehouse's passing ... he hit the recording studio and busted out a version of "Rehab" in her honor ... and it's AMAZING.

072511_winehouse_tribute_still

Rome included this message with the video, "I recorded this tribute for Amy Winehouse after I heard the news of her passing. she is a huge inspiration to my music. We miss you Amy."

SMARTER THAN THE REST OF YOU

You people are ******* disgusting! Stop being so cynical!!! I think the song is a great cover and a great tribute from one artist to another. Did we accuse Elton John of exploitation when he sang candle in the wind for two icons cut down in their prime? NO!

It makes me sick that people automatically assume that this song was released to capitalize on her death.

To those who are chirping about the fact that she died of an OD-no toxicology reports have been made public yet. We don't know that it wasn't accidental, her cause of death. Besides this fact, what if it was your sister or aunt or cousin or mother who had died? I doubt you'd be publishing such nasty things without any real knowledge-reading TMZ does not make you an expert on her life and her problems- We don't know what inner demons she struggled with in her life. What we know is that her death is tragic, she could have been an epic talent. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

ZB

I loved it...now sell it and donate the proceeds to rehab facilities that help non wealthy people and I will love it more...and buy it.

How now brown cow

Wow!!! So good

Luan

That was so heavily auto-tuned. Good... but auto-tuned up the a$$

avamp

Wow.. I was really never a fan of Amy, but I have heard the song. He actually sings it much better.. rock on

Master Po

That was so perfect its scary! Very solid job, I will be going out and buying the new Sublime with Rome album right now on itunes. Rock the hell on, I think its called "yours truly"

Lauren

wow, really good rendition

jxtr

He did a good job with the song.

Ashley

He blew this up...his voice is amazing...

Areader

Nice touch!

Melanie

WoW Really Good!

w

Awesome version of this song, I didnt know who this was until I seen this video, then again Im a 34 y/o mother of 2 so not into sublime, BUT I like this guy now and if you release it make sure you donate all profits and I will definitely buy it, BUT all proceeds should go to something, It would be sh**y for you to collect profits from it.

Eriden07

THAT WAS FABULOUS!!!!!!

Lala

GREAT COVER of the song!!!

I find it EERIE that one of the lines in the song "and if my Daddy says I'm fine... I won't go go go"...

I had always heard that AW sang totally from her experiences and heart... it's hard to understand how some people feel just the act of living is too tortureous for them to bear...

I HOPE she finally found the peace she seemed to desperately search for...

vindog

Say what you want, but I had never heard of this Rome guy, but WOW what a voice, just like Amy, very unique, and I think it was a vey fitting song.
Good for you Rome, and count me in as a new fan!