« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ron Artest: I've Been Divorced for Years!

7/25/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've been wondering why L.A. Lakers star Ron Artest hasn't taken his wife along when he's out on the town, and now we know why ... he doesn't have one!

0725_ron_kimsha_EX_TMZ_01

We found out Ron quietly got divorced from Kimsha on June 30, 2009.  The couple shares joint custody of their 3 kids and their relationship is extremely amicable -- we're told they get along better than when they were married.

The couple married in 2003.

0725_ron_artest_baller_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bagladey

I remember a recent headline about Ron Artest's wife not being informed about his name change before the fact- is he playing for press?

Ehécatl

Yeah, I thought his name was now Metta World Peace. But there are more pressing questions, like why the first Bond girl killed herself by drinking drain cleaner and whether Amy Winehouse was dead for six hours before being discovered.

Palli7

thats weird cuz at his post championship interview he introduced her as his wife? they would have already been divorced by that time

Warren

Ron is a wild and crazy guy!

James R. - Los Angeles

Who gives a f*ck about artest or the lakers"

What a loser.

nof

I fear Ron's becoming a liability to the Laker organization - we don't need to know so much about him -

writenow

Good to know he can count to, two. But all kidding aside, good to know he values family. Some don't. In a lethal kind of way.

nof

Going high-profile is risky, Ron.

Would SEEM to increase one's worth and value -

...what-if it does the exact opposite.

Had the Lakers won again last year it might be a different story.

but...

HMMMM

WOW, a "celebrity" with discretion, I think I just had a stroke!!!!! LOL

nof

Take Brian Shaw ...

Thought being a friend to key Laker players -

Would aid him when it came time to Coach-selection.

Did the exact opposite -

i.e. Cost him the job.

Cooley

@Palli I remember that. He did introduce her as his wife in 2010 during the last championship.

I saw him later with other girls and assumed he was cheating.

I dont' know what to believe. He's a character and a scorpio so I wouldn't put him above lying.

lanie

CloBird 6 minutes ago
The judge saw the footage,apparently. It is no surprise that Murray's team lost this one because Michael was in good health.The post mortem examination proved this.
------------------------------
The clips from the videos I have seen - does NOT show him in good health. He looks abnormally frail and skinny.

Once again - I have no idea whether Murray is the one who gave the fatal dose, which I believe is the crux of the case.. who gave the deadly dose...

But to say that he looked in good health is just absurd. The clips from "This Is It" - show a man who was gaunt and sickly looking. I guess if you're from Ethopia - that might look like "good health".

nof

The Next Laker GM:

Needs to be someone like former Bob Cousy award winner -

Clark University great -

Wally Halas -

Halas, who played against Jerry West as a kid -

Has West-like sensibilities and vision -

Would be perfect -

For the rebuild Mike Brown is now looking at.

Jomica Man

In Ron Artest world, claiming back in June 2010 she was his wife or ex wife, is all relevant in his world. If he in fact has all the legal do***ents to support the divorce claim, then we must accept his current single status. I just hope that he regains that old form of lock down defense and contribution on offense for this years team. I have my doubts that Mike Brown can push those same buttons as Phil Jackson did, yet during the Dallas playoffs, he was virtually a ghost of himself. Wake up Metta Man of World Peace. Go Lakers.

Flower