Seminole Indians ACCEPT Chappelle's Apology

7/25/2011 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Seminole Indian Tribe has spoken -- and they want Dave Chappelle to know ... they accept his apology for that TERRIBLE stand-up gig at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino over the weekend.

0725-dave-chapelle-seminole-ex2

A spokesperson for the Seminoles tells TMZ -- "The Tribe appreciates and accepts his apology and welcomes him back anytime."

Chappelle apologized for his "wild night" -- in which he blew off his act and checked his text messages instead of telling jokes.

timbo1963

'only the jester can tell the king the truth.' All you politically correct bastards are destroying our liberty.

Adam Golden

He needs to bring back the Chappelle Show. Right the **** now. Love it.

Spanky

He used to be funny. He got rich, he got weird, now he's got nothing to offer. He should take his butt back to his farm in Ohio and shut the door.

chris

yea realized it just after I posted, but in my defense I did mentioned I was an Eagles fan & it's not in our character to very bright.

bagladey

Rude and disrepectful to a paying public. Why did he even book the gig if he couldn't be bothered?

Sersi

To me Dave Chappelle is hilarious, especially when he made fun of artists like Rick James and Prince. His stand ups use to be awesome, I remember seeing something on cable and he was doing a skit of a drugdealer baby! Only Chappelle can make you envision such a story lol ...
Maybe he has to get comfortable again with the limelight or he is fighting personal demons, who knows ...

MarcInStereo

I was there. They OWE HIM AN APOLOGY. Chappelle was irked at all the people trying to record him on their cell phones and the hecklers. So, guess who were some of the people doing both? The ownership of the Casino he was performing at... the Seminole Indians.

croc

OF COURSE THEY 'FORGAVE' HIM, WHAT THE HELL ELSE ARE THEY GONNA DO? SAY NO NO NO?

Season3

I was at this charity and I don't think he got paid, at least I didn't pay for his show I didnt even know he was performing til the day before. I felt so bad for him there were SO many hecklers who wouldn't stop yelling at him. Really trashy audience, I heard one guy screamed "yo! can you pay my bills?" I can't imagine how anyone can ignore that much heckling since it was a comedy show, he should be the only one talking. I think he handled it ok, given the situation. I think the hecklers were casino owners family because most of them were sitting in front row. I'm disappointed, hope to see funny Dave again soon.

johnny_j

what a d_bag

Cujeaux

It's finally hitting Chappelle that he was a complete IDIOT for passing up that 50 mil. Now he's back on the circuit getting heckled.
He belongs in the Hollywood Hall of Shame along with Juiliana Marguiles and that carrot top from CSI.

Superman

Just scalp him. Oh wait.

Jen

We used to call them semi-holes because they're half-assed.

Will

Dave Chapelle is a $%@#ing idiot. Hit tv show and he throws it away for what exactly? Love ya dave but get yourself together

jimmybrite

He made his cash, now this muslim is laughing at us all.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments