Amy's Dad:

'Goodnight My Angel

... Sleep Tight'

7/26/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse's father gave a touching speech at her funeral moments ago ... telling stories from her childhood ... playing music ... and telling his daughter to "sleep tight."

072611_mitch_winehouse_splash
The 45-minute ceremony was led by a Rabbi and included prayers in English and Hebrew.

During Mitch Winehouse's eulogy, he said, "Goodnight my angel ... Sleep tight. Mommy and Daddy love you ever so much."

The ceremony ended with a rendition of the Carole King song, "So Far Away" ... while Mitch encouraged mourners to sing along.

nof

Surprised Harvey wasn't invited and to read the TMZ poll results:

"It was 100 percent in favor of no one giving a crap."

...As a grieving family, those are the kinds of things that lift ye and make ye want to go on...

Rhubino

nof

@Rhubino less than a minute ago
"He'll finally get some rest now too, sad as it may be. He's aged immensely in the past 5 years."

_________________________________________

...who are you the-aging-judge.

Mr. Meaningful Beauty?

Sarafina

Just thinking of everyone singing that song makes me cry because of the lyrics...R.I.P. Amy. Condolences to the Winehouse family.

Nikkcolle

RIP Amy. Your music is awesome and thank you. I hope her parents find some solace in knowing how many fans loved their daughter.

Canon

Poor parenting skills = dead cash cow!

nof

I'd rather have a-farm-filled-with-Pit-Bulls come after me.

Than any-three-or-four-posters from TMZ.

TMZ-posters have given new meaning:

To the word "hate."

Jay

Wow do really need pics of this?

cam

How sad. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

nof

"Think I'll click over to TMZ.com.

See who's gettin'

Their Hate on."

get real

My Heart Goes out to her Parents and Brother. They Tried. They Know they Tried to help her and her addiction.The Fathers semon was a very beautiful Ending.

Deborah

Heartfelt sympathy to family and friends. I loved her music. So unique. So sad it ended so soon for her. Tragic. Such a loss for the music industry and her family. Her Father always seems so stoic and calm. May her parents find comfort in Amy's memories. God hold and comfort them in their time of need...

Rhubino

@nof: I think you're getting a little commented out - can't see the good posts for the hate ones. WTF did I say to prompt your response? Mr. Meaningful Beauty??? I said her Dad aged a lot recently, and you slam me for it. Get an effing grip.

Sherms

Wow...just got the chills. Even with knowing this was inevitable, it is a sad situation.

Jack

Parents say it was just a matter of time before she died. They could have done much more to get her help. They washed their hands of the situation and now they have blood on them.