Amy's Dad:

'Goodnight My Angel

... Sleep Tight'

7/26/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse's father gave a touching speech at her funeral moments ago ... telling stories from her childhood ... playing music ... and telling his daughter to "sleep tight."

072611_mitch_winehouse_splash
The 45-minute ceremony was led by a Rabbi and included prayers in English and Hebrew.

During Mitch Winehouse's eulogy, he said, "Goodnight my angel ... Sleep tight. Mommy and Daddy love you ever so much."

The ceremony ended with a rendition of the Carole King song, "So Far Away" ... while Mitch encouraged mourners to sing along.

Jessica

This is so sad because it hit's home. My son is an addict and I have tried to save him, but he just keeps doing drugs. He is just about to turn 25 but I have a great fear of the 27 club. RIP AMY and I hope your addictions are all gone.

Alan Carver

A touching end to a very troubled life. Rest In Peace Amy. My thoughts are with the Winehouse family as they grieve today and in the days that lay ahead.

lady

JACK-You must not be o****e and have no children. No blood on there hands at all. She was an adult and she is gone now so when you grow up and have kids I hope you dont eat your words as the rest of us parents know you cant help your kids no matter how hard you try.

Miss Marie

My heart is breaking for the Winehouse family. It is never easy to say goodbye to someone you love and even more difficult for a parent to have to say goodbye to their child.

I wish peace to all who have to experience this.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

REST IN PEACE AMY...................................YOU ARE AT PEACE....NO MORE STRUGGLES FOR YOU....YOUR SOUL IS FREE FROM THE TERROR OF DRUGS.......A LIFE OF A TALENTED SINGER AND SONGWRITER CUT SHORT BY THE DISEASE CALLED ADDICTION......EVERY YOUNG PERSON ...PLEASE TAKE AMY'S PASSING AS A WARNING THAT YOU, I OR ANYONE SHOULD NEVER LET YOUR LIFE GET INVOLVED WITH DRUGS.....IF AMYS LIFE CAN SAVE ONE YOUNG PERSON FROM THE TERROR OF DRUGS...THEN AMY...YOU HAVENT DIED IN VAIN.

Fred Farkel

In the year 2011 - there is NOTHING a parent can do to influence an OUT-OF-CONTROL offspring.

You sit back - cross you fingers - and hope for the best.

My 3 kids are still alive.

And it's all because of dumb blind luck and NOT BECAUSE I AM A BETTER PARENT THAN ANYONE.

Sad-Sad

Are you done now TMZ? The bigger they are the harder they fall... You post negative about her for a long long time, showing the dark side, negative, ripping her apart... Now thats she is gone, you act "like you cared" the whole time, when you exploited her sickness just like other celebrities all for the sole purpose of $$$ and advertising hits, You are the problem here.

smileandshine

My thoughts are with you Amy's family through this hard time!! Love from Canada!

EarthAngel

Excrutiating to watch your daughter dying from a terminal disease.......most especially in the public eye! I for one am relieved that they have been released from such horrible suffering.....though they probably won't get to that stage for some time. She has left a legacy.....positive or negative does not matter. May it inspire others....and may her parents find comfort in that. God Bless

Different Rules Apply

First and foremost, she was their little girl...there can be nothing worse than losing a child, I wish them peace.

jojo

I am saddened by this news but I can't help asking myself questions. Could her parents have done more to save her? Did they enable her in order to get to continue performing and making money? Is this another case of where a performer is worth more dead than alive?

Brigha from UK

Fred Farkel -
.... You sit back - cross you fingers - and hope for the best....
--------------------------------------
Totally agree with you.
My heart goes out to these parents, and to Amy.

azlee

to Amy's parents, you fought the long, hard fight. She loved you and now you can in turn (within time) help other parents in the same place.

Drug addiction is terrible, but there still was a little girl in there.

Johnnyt

I admit that I have not read all of the thousands of comments about
the Winehouse death, but when the story broke on TMZ I followed
it for awhile. What I want to know is, does anyone besides me make
a connection between Amy's tragic story and ending, and the new
Treatment that Brooke Mueller is supposedly undergoing in Calcun?
I refer to the drug ibogaine? If this stuff works, maybe others can be
saved. Comments TMZ? Anyone?

azlee

Jack, maybe you don't know it, but you can't force a person over 18 yrs old to do anything. You can try to intervene, you can beg, threaten do over night holds. Talk them into rehab....but if they don't do it on thier own there isn't much you can do but stand there and watch them wreck in front of your eyes.