Amy's Dad:

'Goodnight My Angel

... Sleep Tight'

7/26/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse's father gave a touching speech at her funeral moments ago ... telling stories from her childhood ... playing music ... and telling his daughter to "sleep tight."

072611_mitch_winehouse_splash
The 45-minute ceremony was led by a Rabbi and included prayers in English and Hebrew.

During Mitch Winehouse's eulogy, he said, "Goodnight my angel ... Sleep tight. Mommy and Daddy love you ever so much."

The ceremony ended with a rendition of the Carole King song, "So Far Away" ... while Mitch encouraged mourners to sing along.

Junkie

One less pile of trash on the streets....happy the garbage men came and took away this reeking pile of garbage...now if they can trash lohan way too wed have a cleaner worlf

justice

so sad :(
RIP Amy Winehouse
we will miss you! good music is definitely over. we only have adele left. I hope she can deliver just like amy.

jojo

Did they let her die? Is she more useful to the money/business people dead than alive? Will they make more money now?

Heffa

I tell my seven year old daughter every night to sleep tight, breaks my heart to know the world is a place that saying it for the last time is an option. Rest in peace Amy.

Khate sucks

This is just beyond sad! Her parents loved her more than anyone! TOO SAD! A parents worst nightmare!

Reta

I would have loved to watch her sing without the clown makeup and the tats and that horrible hairdo. Get a great stylist to dress her elegantly and classically, with her hair down and shiny. And let her rip her songs into the night as beautiful as she would have been, the real Amy, not having to be disguised so she could hide behind it. Too bad. I could see what was underneath and was hoping she would live long enough to grow out of the clown disguise. Her voice was so much better than that.

tmzreader

The poor man...

The world has lost something truly amazing. God rest her soul.

MM

I am grateful my son turned me onto Amy's music. Aside from the obvious rants-I do believe she was a good person w/a beautiful spirit that came through her music. Prayers and love out to her family today we are all thinking about you. Spending today listening to her music. Rest in Peace Beautiful Angel.

Robby

I heard the eulogy was more like a stand-up comedy performance, guess Amy didn't get the last laugh.

faith

it hurts.

tony gee

Amy Winehouse to me was nothing but a fodder to the tabs. From time to time I read her crazy life and I somehow was touched by her loneliness. A woman in her prime dies of loneliness despite the adulation of her colleagues and fans.

I do not know why I immediately begun to understand her. She has the recognition a lot of others can only dream about. She can do most anything because she is not completely devoid of money. I just find it disheartening for her to leave us so soon, yes, so soon because she cannot find her way!

I want to understand her more but now she is gone, forever. I guess I envy her how much she meant to her parents as I, myself, could never ever tell if my parents even had half of the love they had for her.

Sleep tight, Amy, at least you were loved, being loved and will always be loved by the people who really mattered most in your life no matter how lost you were in this life. You have unconditioned love without any pressure. Goodbye, little princess! You will always be their little princess all their lives.

I want to applaud your parents for being so wise and strong and did not regret to unleash you in this wild and crazy world, though, their hearts might have been broken more than others will ever come to know.

K Parr

I stand with the family in their grief at the loss of their child. No matter what she was loved while here on Earth. May god hold her close to Him now in Eternity and comfort her parents.

April

The picture alone made me cry. My worst nightmare, to lose my daughter. It seems to me the most artistic souls are the most tortured souls.

maria

sorry to Winehouse' family, I am so sad about everything what happing, I thing GOD is so close with her.
The angels will be with you in the paradise, sleep tender and wake up in pace.

Miriam Hicks

trying to e-mail Mitch Winehouse - his email address on the site is not going through - does he have another e-mail. I want to send my heartfelt sympathy and also to talk to him about his rehab proposals - this is not for financial or professional gain. I am a jewish Mother who lost her daughter at xmas and my son is in early rehab treatment at last - Miriam