Casey Anthony's Parents -- $250,000 Doesn't Cut It!!!

7/26/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The network bidding war over key interviews in the Casey Anthony case has gone into the stratosphere ... because TMZ has learned a syndicated talk show was laughed at with a bid of $250,000 for Casey's PARENTS!!!

0726_anthony_stations_EX2

The bidding has gone crazy ... we're hearing the bidding for a Casey interview was over $1.5 million.

Now ABC News has just released a statement, saying it will no longer pay for photos and video in exchange for interviews.

The announcement comes days after TMZ published a story ... that Casey's lawyer, Jose Baez, was holed up in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City, taking bids from NBC, ABC and CBS.  As we reported, Baez was in the Hotel bar Thursday night, discussing strategy with famed lawyer Mark Geragos.

Our sources say all three networks were offering the same deal -- they would pay a fortune to license photos and video from Casey. Short story -- it's a dishonest way of saying they don't pay for interviews.

We're told NBC -- which paid for Baez' hotel room -- was leading the pack in the Casey bidding war, even though the Network denied it was offering any money for an interview -- which is technically correct.

In its statement, ABC says, "We can book just about anyone based on the strength of our journalism."

Sure they can.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Wellington Wellington

Just when I think the Anthonys can't get any more loathsome and disgusting, they do. And the networks fighting over them are bottom feeders.

Liz Liz

Has any one thought of the fact that Casey ia a LIAR? She wouldn't recognize the truth for any amount of money. Who really cares what she or any one has to say the fact is a baby is dead and a killer has gone free.

paigehop paigehop

It is disgusting and weird, BUT those people are dirt poor from this whole horrible situation. I'm guessing they'll never find work again. They didn't kill Caylee. I don't know... toughy!

br />

tmz-top-comments-banner
Wellington Wellington

Liz Liz

paigehop paigehop

cmueller cmueller

It would be blood money. It is so wrong.

Carrie Carrie

ZB ZB

Bottom line...she was not convicted...think what you will...but she wasn't...and now she has to try and live a life basically in danger and in hiding...I would be looking for a payday too...for plastic surgery...name change...hell maybe a new country to call home.

jenna

PEOPLE: PLEASE do no*****ch any interview, if aired, of Casey Anthony! The networks are relying on the suspicion that we, the viewers, are interested in what that sociopath has to report. Casey is a very ill woman and whatever she would say in an interview would be a lie so it is a complete waste of time to hear what she may have to disclose. As a community, we need to stand united and all refuse to watch any interview. Casey wants us all to watch, she is a narcissist who gets off on the spotlight being on her. A real good way to "punish" her for all her crimes is to now simply just ignore her! Show no further interest...and it will drive her even crazier. The focus needs to be on her daughter Caylee, not on Casey the crazy mother! Eventually, she will get the hint that America despises her and hopefully remain in hiding the rest of her miserable, pathetic life!

nora

I think the bid on a Casey Anthony mask is the defense team idea. And nobody should buy it....It's blood money!

nora

Lala

this is disturbing & disgusting......since when do you profit millions off of killing your child?? she should have rotted in jail along with her parents. its all about the money.

nickie

The apple doesn`t fall far from the tree!!!!!! They would LIE just like she does.

jan

what ever happened to the crime of abuse of a corpse. If what baize said was true why isnt george charged with abuse of a corpse. Then casey would have to testify she is the one who made the charge

jan

I plan to watch then boycott anyone who pays for an ad... tell you friends to do the same

fannie lane

I watched Nancy Grace last night, Larry Flint "THE FREAK," has offered Casey Anthony to pose nude for his magazine Hustler for $500,000.00 and 10% from sales, he said he's doing it because on his book tour guys or should I say "sleeze?" ask him why he hadn't offered to put Casey in his magazine. There are a lot of beautiful women out there, why would these freaks want to see a "BABY KILLER?" I just don't understand it. Here is a MONSTER who killed her baby and left her out in the swamp to rot with maggots and animals eating on her body and these sickos out here want to see this BITCH naked? STOP making this WHORE a celebrity or superstar for killing her baby, or is it a new fad in the good old USA if you kill your baby you're a superstar and will become rich? This bitch wasn't known until it hit the news about Caylee, now everyone thinks she's a celebrity. Casey doesn't deserve a penny for the death of this little girl through any means, she should have to suffer mentally and physically for the rest of her pathetic life. I think I will have closure of this little angel's death when this BITCH Casey pays for what she has done to her daughter. But guess what Casey Bitch Anthony, Caylee is with God now and you're going to be in the devil's arms because you're just another one of his demons walking the earth with an evil soul.

GLYNN

Casey Parent's is Guilty too especially her Father I still think he killed Caylee.

WTF

BOYCOTT any shows and commercial offilaited with the networks who pay a MURDERER for interview. That means ABC-CBS-NBC any talk show. We the public can stop this MURDERER in her tracks. Destroy all articles in the stores with her picture on them. We can control the situation if we just take a stand and say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rudee

The Entire Anthony family is nothing but garbage wrapped in skin.

nancy

Just because casey, was let go does'nt mean she did'nt kill caley we all know she did!!!! I just don't under stand why the media and magazines would want to pay casey any amount of money!!! for an interview? or to take her clothes off! let her rot some where just like she let caylee rot in the swamp!!! its almost like the media and magazines are rewarding her for being a murder, instead they should put that money to good use to help find children that are really missing, stop giving this no good murder the time of day, she's probably sitting in some really nice mansion laughing her ass off at all of us, because she thinks hey I killed my kid because I was jelous of all the attention my parents gave her and I got away with killing her and now every one is throwing $$$ at me YAY for me!!! if we stop talking about her maybe she'll just go AWAY!!!!!

swimmer706

Take the money. It's the American way.

hoopdydoo

Thanks for the warning. Now here is one for the networks. If I see any of these people on my TV again I will change da channel.Or just turn it off!

2cents

Carrie
How about the NETWORKS all give the $$$ they are willing to spend on any interview to the Missing Children groups to help find those children whose parents did the right thing and yet suffer because there are no resources to find them."

2 thumbs up. I totally agree

Previous 15 Comments | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments