Blake Fielder-Civil: I Could Have Saved Amy

7/27/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse's ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil is anguishing, because he believes he could have saved Amy.

0726-blake-fielder-civil-amy-ex

Blake's dad, Larry Fielder, tells TMZ ... his son knew better than anyone the depth of Amy's drug addiction, and had planned to stage an intervention of sorts when he got out of jail -- the problem ... he's locked up until March, 2012.

There's obviously another issue -- Blake and Amy were famously co-dependent junkies and neither seemed capable of helping the other during their marriage.

Larry tells us ... shortly after Amy died Blake called him, crying hysterically.  Blake's current girlfriend, Sarah, visited him in jail recently for an hour and all Blake did was cry.

Meanie

Oh PUHLEEEZE.

CarolynAB

IMO, it was cruel and unnecessary for the British prison authorities to deny Blake the ability to attend Amy Winehouse's funeral.
I'd like to know what their reason was. An exception could have been made. After all, they were family once.

jc

I also heard his brother Nigel-Nigel Hyphen-Hyphen Stokemoney also said he could save her.

Bill

Two comments for all of you idiots.

1-You can't blame others for what she did to herself.
2-I do not know if she could sing or not, but she was one ugly f'n bitch.

MikeD

Honestly speaking, it's sad.. no matter who ends up this way, or on the verge of it happening... But I have absolutley no sympathy. None. It's just that way, and the reasons are all too obvious.

pepekale

CRACK KILLS!!
DON"T TAKE IT FROM ME.IT'S FROM RONALD REAGAN

lisa2

STFU Blake! You introduced her to the hard drugs, heroin and crack.

BS you could or would save her. You would make sure she was really hooked again to take advantage of her is more like it.

AndUKnowThisMan

This guy is a idiot!!

Logan R

I can save her, honest! Ok first, I have to get clean myself because I got the girl started down this path in the first place, then I need to find a way out of jail because I'm already a D-Bag and can't keep out of trouble, then I need to get rid of my current girlfriend (well no, after crying over my ex-wife she's gonna dump me anyhow) Is there an express route to the gallows for people like this?

Disgusted

This is the low life that got her on drugs. TMZ get yourself educated before you run stories.

Genghis Khan

Pathetic coming from the idiot who turned her into a junkie. Only reason this toolbag is alive is because he's in jail.

Muppet

TMZ etc. needs to stop giving this guy any attention! He's a lowlife that should spend his life rotting in jail and that's it. He's only saying these things to get attention for HIMSELF! Don't give the jerk the attention he seeks! Let him live with the guilt of helping Amy with her drug addiction!

Amy

Would've, could've, should've. Don't beat yourself up that you were in jail when you "could have" saved Amy...Just thinking it doesn't make it so. You were/are in no position to save anyone from drug/alcohol abuse. Just try and save yourself. That is all any of us can do.

tmzreader

I'll bet all he did was cry..... that is so sad. I hope he works out his own issues and will not let her death be in vain.

Iloveboobies

yeah-right. Your 15 minutes are up *******. RIP Amy Winehouse- you will be missed.