Blake Fielder-Civil: I Could Have Saved Amy

7/27/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Winehouse's ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil is anguishing, because he believes he could have saved Amy.

0726-blake-fielder-civil-amy-ex

Blake's dad, Larry Fielder, tells TMZ ... his son knew better than anyone the depth of Amy's drug addiction, and had planned to stage an intervention of sorts when he got out of jail -- the problem ... he's locked up until March, 2012.

There's obviously another issue -- Blake and Amy were famously co-dependent junkies and neither seemed capable of helping the other during their marriage.

Larry tells us ... shortly after Amy died Blake called him, crying hysterically.  Blake's current girlfriend, Sarah, visited him in jail recently for an hour and all Blake did was cry.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

jpm4444

his family and he are some of the biggest losers on earth. first he gets her hooked on heroine and then the mother and dad act like she got him hooked.

wow; how evil and arrogant can you get.

Rosa

Why not start today with learning how to love yourself rather than continue to abandon yourself?

You can begin listening this audio:

"Unemployment, God and the Law of Divine Compensation. http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MarianneWilliamson/0006e04e89/5806ec6d82/352b9c2f0f

zdog

yah, that's the problem, you're in jail

sooreneccs

Ode to Amy Winehouse
Anyone could see that she was on the way to destruction,
Anything that could have stopped that disaster ?
Anyone STRONGER THAN ME to avert it ?
Alas, no.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT MEN in her life that torn and troubled her,
Anguished in marital woes,sang LOVE IS A LOSING GAME,
ADDICTED to drugs and alcohol,
Annually would be news of entering REHAB,
ALCOHOLIC LOGIC of DO ME GOOD to see my doctors as JUST FRIENDS,
YOU'RE WONDERING NOW,a new Amy emerged, sadly LITTLE THINGS
Became big and she's back to square one ....
Antics like that took her BACK TO BLACK hole of more drugs And alcohol, yet her telling ,tragic and FRANK
Answer was: YOU KNOW I'M NO GOOD
And TEARS DRY ON THEIR OWN......

Amy_Winehouse

I will always remember her, and I don't care for drugs and alcohol in her life, she was a great talent, she had amazing voice, it's a biggest sadness for me..I will know wear t-shirt with her portrait, I downloaded her first albums yesterday (here http://www.torrentoff.com ) and I will always listen her songs..RIP

Tiffany

Blake is like everybody else.......trying to get their hands on Amy's money. Blake has publically admitted he introduced to Amy to the hard drugs......I hope he rots in jail.

april

Rot in Helll Blake..you killed Amy...I think you know that already

Sams

Blake all I can ask you is...why? Even without you I'm sure Amy would've found those drugs LATER in her life, but like you said you know her best so you could've helped save her. I think you're one of the only people she would've listened to. She WORSHIPED you. You could've staged an intervention LONG before you had to go to jail, she needed an intervention LONG BEFORE you went to jail. You caused that girl so much pain...I wish she never had to write any of those break up songs...cause I could HEAR her pain to the point where I felt depressed and had to turn it off...but she couldn't. She's a person before a jazz star and I wish she never had to go through so much pain even if it meant she never would've became famous. She,as a woman, as your ex wife, deserved RESPECT. I know you'll never read this Blake but you could've saved Amy...in the end what was she left with? She didn't know how much you loved her...you went and had a kid with some other chick for petes sake! If she meant the world to you why didn't you help her earlier? Blake do Amy justice and raise your child as a good egg, don't be the dad that was never around, always doing hard drugs, abusing his wife...cause your kid will likely follow in your footsteps. Love him/her like you would've liked to have loved Amy. Even after all this torment she was put through I'm almost 100% positive she would never wish the same fate apon you. Quitting is hard...but not impossible. Keep that in mind, and I wish your kid,not you or your new whore wife, the best. Love Is A Losing Game Amy...I wish you would've been informed earlier.

Sincerely,Sams