joe pesci sues

I GOT FAT AND SCREWED

BY "GOTTI" EXECS

7/27/2011 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0727-joe-pesci-ex
Joe Pesci
is suing the producers of  "Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father," claiming his deal was so iron-clad, he gained 30 pounds for his role, only to be told he wasn't wanted anymore.

In the lawsuit, Pesci claims reps from Fiore Films offered him the critical role of Angelo Ruggiero, Gotti's close friend and enforcer. Pesci says he made a deal for $3 million.

But Pesci says after he was lured into making public statements about how happy he was to appear in the movie -- which stars John Travolta as John Gotti, Jr. -- the producers pulled the deal, claiming Pesci breached the deal by trying to back out.

Pesci claims he was offered a lesser role -- playing Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso -- for the lesser fee of $1 mil.

But this is the best part. Pesci's lawyer claims his client relied on the contract by assuming the character of Ruggiero in every respect: "[Pesci] has since ended his very strict and healthy diet, and has so far gained approximately 30 pounds in anticipation of playing Ruggiero, who was well known for his heavy and stocky build."

Pesci is suing for $3 million minimum, as well as punitive damages.

Producers tell us they are unaware of the lawsuit.

some guy

I just hope they don't bring up Joe's shinebox. Might get ugly.

some guy

Dunno who they could possibly want to replace Joe. I'm a big fan of his work.

jennybean

go get your f*&^%$$ shine box.

brenda

It's not the shinebox I'd be worried of, but the vise.

Get 'em Joe!

JoeFrancis

WTF, TMZ changed from this morning or have they been hacked by the FJ community?

Aenwyn

wow I am seriously not a fan of this new layout. JOE PESCI SUES YOU SAY? SUED BY GOTTI EXECS? I LOVE READING ARTICLES WITH TITLES IN HUGE CAPS. MORE CAPS THE BETTER!!!!!!! I ALSO LOVE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Abent

first post

Rocco

Looks like you hired the guy that ruined myspace. This is NOT GOOD.

Sunshine

The new layout is stupid.
TMZ has gone down in the past year.

Cita

Hate the new layout. They took their cues from some of the British tabloids and News Of The World.

weird al yankovich

This movie has been plagued from the start ...

Sersi

I like Joe Pesci, he's a great actor. Goodfellas is a classic movie & so is that "Do I look like a clown, do I amuse you?" line. They need to get all of them back together along with Al Pacino (he wasn't in Goodfellas) and make another classic movie.

Sersi

I love Joe Pesci, he's a great actor. @David Jong one of my favorite movies ..
Especially and I quote:" Do I look like a clown, do I amuse you?" episode ...
I heard they're going to bring them back together along with Al Pacino(he wasn't in Goodfellas) for another movie, that would be great. I would go see it.

Professor Chaos

Idiots. Yeah.. get rid of Joe Pesci in your mobster movie. Good move producers.
I'm sure it's better this way. The movie will probably suck. Come on... John Travolta is WAY past his prime and makes s*** movies now and Lindsay Lohan is in it. Lulz.

Mick Kahler

What's Joe moaning about? The guy used to bang Angie Everhart! What else does he want in life?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments