« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Ochocinco

I'LL PAY ANYTHING TO WEAR

#85 ON THE PATRIOTS

7/29/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0728_chad_Ochocinco_ex
He's been traded to a new team ... but Chad Ochocinco DOES NOT want a new jersey number -- and sources close to the NFL star tell TMZ .. he's willing to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to sport #85 for the New England Patriots this season.

Problem is .... the number currently belongs to Patriots STUD tight end Aaron Hernandez -- who rocked #85 in 2010 ... when he DOMINATED all season long.

We're told Ochocinco -- who CHANGED HIS LAST NAME to match his jersey number a few years ago -- wants to PAY Hernandez to give up the digits ... and sources say Chad feels "no number is too high."

FYI -- jersey numbers don't come cheap -- it cost Clinton Portis a cool $18k to buy the #26 from a teammate when he was traded to the Washington Redskins a few years ago.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Billy

I hope he won't give up the jersey. What a DA to change your name to match your jersey number. This **** needs to STFU and go away. I want to see football, not a bunch of WWF show boats playing football trying to add a bunch of theatrics to the game. D-bag.

Bubba

Ocho Stinko ought to worry more about making the team first.

anony

If Hernandez has any brains, he'll refuse to sell at any price and make Ochocinco change his name AGAIN.

erkg

Don't toy with me - please really go - Cincy doesn't need your drama.

Rigged

I see we got haters here,lol. Hernandez dominated 2010 with the patriots.

sam

GO GATORS

Phoenix1

Glad to see he has his priorities right. Not. He's a douchebag.

No comment

I wish I was rich, because I would pay Hernandez double Chad Johnson's offer for Hernandez not to give up the number. Is this what the Pat's wanted with the fool. Chad hasn't been any good since he changed his name to his jersey number.

Columbo

Ochocinco is Ochonada untill he leaves Circus act in Cinncy. I will pay anything for #85. Well we will give you #00 for Nada untill you prove you are a True New England Patriot and not TO's look alike. If you want to be a comedian go to Hollywood.

Jane

Ugh. As if I needed another to hate the Patriots.

ManiacalZebra

I've been saying that this was my dream ever since he changed his name. I don't know who Hernandez is, but I seriously hope he doesn't cave!

shelley

I hope he gets his number. He doesn't seem to me as much as a fame whore as people say, he's just a bit showy but he's having fun with life. He's hilarious to follow on twitter and he seems really genuine compared to a lot of people out there

aquanet

He''s not even in camp yet and he's stirring up some drama.

Bill B won't put up with too much of this before he put the hammer down! We have the best coach. No BS. No egos allowed. Shut up and DO YOUR JOB!

Quinn

I don't care what number or what colors he wears, he still can't get off Revis Island.

Fallopia Lopez

Damn that's dumb. What, is this guy in fifth grade? And who WRITES this crap - Hernandez is a 'STUD', all caps? Really? Jeez.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments