« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

U.S. Skier's Heartbreaking 911

"I'm Gonna Kill Myself"

7/28/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD **

Jeret Peterson 911 Call
U.S. Olympic
skier Jeret "Speedy" Peterson called 911 moments before he committed suicide Monday ... and while fighting back tears, the 29-year-old told the operator, "I'm going to kill myself."

Peterson then gave his location to the operator and said, "I want police to come get the body." He then hung up the phone.

Cops in Summit County, Utah responded to the spot where Peterson said he would be ... and found the skier's body "obviously deceased from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head."

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Peterson left a suicide note ... but cops are not releasing it to the public.

Peterson was one of the best freestyle skiers in the world. He competed in 3 Olympics for the U.S.  ... winning a silver medal in Vancouver in 2010.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Crytone

Sad.

Eric Anderson

Way I wee this case is that he had rat blood in his sports enhancement supplements!

leea

how heartbreakingly sad. my prayers are with his family

Amanda

you shouldn't have posted this, totally classless.

Kiko

I'm now convinced that TMZ is trying to fill the void left by News Of The World.

J

This made me tear up instantly. Wish she could of had time to talk him out of it.

Strokadellic

He basically did the same thing as Amy Winehouse....just more efficiently. Hopefully his family and friends can get on with things. Same goes for her.

kdmcquiggan

Really TMZ , at least have some grain of respect for the family. Why would you post this. Just when I thought you harvey could not go any lower. How would you feel if this was your son. Would you want to hear your sons voice telling the world he was killing himself. As a parent I feel sorry for your kids becuase their dad has no respect and emotion anymore!

noneofyourbusiness

How terribly sad and tragic. So much hope, promise and future for him. Too bad he could only see the bad things.

Depression is of the Devil and he wants nothing more than for all of us to take ourselves out just like that.

My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

nick

very sad- i agree, this should not have been posted. Its not cool to make headlines out of people's agony. RIP

jimmy d

WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS?

What value does it provide other than exposing the most intimate moments of someone's life for no rational reason. This is a new low.

Cynstriss

Lately you have been slipping downward with the tings you have posted and shown on tv. I am going to stop watching and going to your sight now. This is waaaaay out of line. If I was his family I would be suing you for pain and suffering and anything else I could. Very bad taste.

gemini81

I didn't listen, and you should not have put this up for anyone to hear. That is an intensely sad and personal thing for his family, it shouldn't be on a site next to Kim Kardashian's azz, or anywhere else.

aquanet

TMZ- you really could have passed on this. I realize you guys aren't The Christian Science Monitor or anything, but just when you get as low as I think even you guys will go, someone finds a shovel.

Please- give this kid and his family a break. Take it down.

babyz65

If the person commiting suicide onley knew, the amount of pain that this causes loved ones they would never do it. Its not like spontaously dieing, its different. After 34 years, the pain I have experienced is just as raw today, as it was then. Please pray for this family........

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments