« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

U.S. Skier's Heartbreaking 911

"I'm Gonna Kill Myself"

7/28/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD **

Jeret Peterson 911 Call
U.S. Olympic
skier Jeret "Speedy" Peterson called 911 moments before he committed suicide Monday ... and while fighting back tears, the 29-year-old told the operator, "I'm going to kill myself."

Peterson then gave his location to the operator and said, "I want police to come get the body." He then hung up the phone.

Cops in Summit County, Utah responded to the spot where Peterson said he would be ... and found the skier's body "obviously deceased from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head."

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Peterson left a suicide note ... but cops are not releasing it to the public.

Peterson was one of the best freestyle skiers in the world. He competed in 3 Olympics for the U.S.  ... winning a silver medal in Vancouver in 2010.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Luca

You are truly disgusting and tasteless TMZ.

How sad for this person and his family. You are what is wrong with the world. "Headlines before humanity", this should be your official motto.

nicbu

why would you post this? it's a tragic situation and you've made it worse.

kristina

You guys should not have posted this. This is not entertainment. It is shameful.

David

I signed up to this website just so I could post this.

Words fail me… I really don't understand what value you have in posting something as gruesome as this. Completely unnecessary, deplorable and bewildering. Aside from the obvious hope of increasing traffic to your lowly website, have you no scruples when it comes to airing the desperation of a person sliding towards suicide? How would you feel if a similar recording of your mother appeared on here?

And for the record, I didn't play the recording, out of RESPECT FOR THE DEAD.

Dick Face

It breaks my heart to hear those words, kill those around you before you kill yourself, it makes more sense!, WHY?

Mel

I was hoping you guys would have the sense to pull this down. Done with this site.

mcgrego

I think you are disgusting for posting this. You could have printed the transcript or paraphrased. Evil.

KT

This makes me sick, there is no need to post this! His family's heart is breaking, please show some respect and remove this.

Kevin

OKAY....
FIRST OF ALL: All you IDIOTS that keep "COMPLAINING" "WHY DID YOU POST THIS"?!?!?!? CRAP...!
THIS "NEWS" so-to-speak...
I personally have NO sympathy for RICH, FAMOUS, WHITE KIDS that have it ALL, but just can't take the "STRESSES OF LIFE"
BOO F'n HOO!!!!! or as MAD TV put it.."Pretty White Kids With Problems"...BOO HOO....
How much Endorsement $$$ did this GOOD LOOKING WHITE BOY Get?
How many square feet was his Utah Estate..????
OH PLEASE....
YOU WANNA KILL YOURSELF, GOOD..one less Micky Flicky in MY way as I fight the "MAN" to try to get my little slice of the American Dream...and BELIEVE ME...when I get it, I WON'T BE PUTTING A GUN TO MY HEAD!!!

Maggie

If I was an advertiser on TMZ, I would pull all my business after this. Shameful; this post should be removed.

Mr. Bate

He did it his way. Life goes on.

toad

I cannot believe you posted this... so wrong

Kriss

Is there a secret to get your "Like" or "Dislike" click recognized?

Kriss

For the people complaining about TMZ posting GOSSIP...it's what TMZ DOES, and what people come here to read. The deceased didn't care too much about what the family might feel with the publicity...why should total strangers? Comes with the territory...TIP---if you don't want gossip...DON'T GO TO A GOSSIP WEBSITE!!!! Common sense isn't very common....geez

Veronica

To all complaining to TMZ for posting this, keep in mind first most of you heard the 911 and read the article on his suicide. Who forces you to read it or hear it for that matter. You satisfy your morbid curiosity and then you complain how mean Harvey and the TMZ crew is. How is this different from CNN or any other major news network? TO me they are worse because they put their polical agenda in everything. That is hypocritical to say the least. My condolences to this mans family and friends of course. I read information about him and hes been through a lot. He couldn't take the pain anymore and therefore he ended it the only way he could. He battled depression all of his life and gave up. Who are we to judge a persons pain. To say the least he witnessed a good friend blow his head of with a gun right infront of his face among other events in his life that were truly tragic. RIP hopefully now the pain is gone and your free from your demons.