« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

U.S. Skier's Heartbreaking 911

"I'm Gonna Kill Myself"

7/28/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD **

Jeret Peterson 911 Call
U.S. Olympic
skier Jeret "Speedy" Peterson called 911 moments before he committed suicide Monday ... and while fighting back tears, the 29-year-old told the operator, "I'm going to kill myself."

Peterson then gave his location to the operator and said, "I want police to come get the body." He then hung up the phone.

Cops in Summit County, Utah responded to the spot where Peterson said he would be ... and found the skier's body "obviously deceased from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head."

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Peterson left a suicide note ... but cops are not releasing it to the public.

Peterson was one of the best freestyle skiers in the world. He competed in 3 Olympics for the U.S.  ... winning a silver medal in Vancouver in 2010.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BarbieGirl

Shame on you TMZ. Just because it's public record doesn't mean you have to prostitute it to the public. In the future, try sticking to the more frivolous topics we love you for.

Mandy

Sad, regardless, just sad.

AB

adding my voice to the people who want you to TAKE THIS DOWN!

wendy

the fact that he was crying suggests he was not totally comitted to this, but had no where else. sad

Tookie Topbox

Why did TMZ have to post this???? Have some fücking respect for his grieving family, would ya????
Oh, that's right. You can't. Because it's anything for a buck or a viewer.
SAD!!

spyke

I read the post that explained some of the tough times he has been through but I wish people who suffer from depression understood just how much alcohol makes it. Please, if you have depression avoid drinking and definitely avoid self-medicating. Remember that depression is a temporary state of mind, although granted some people suffer from it for a long time.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD TMZ BROADCAST THIS...THE GUY TOOK HIS LIFE AND CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW HIS FAMILY FELT AND FOR TMZ TO SENSATIONALIZE SOME MANS TRAGIC DEATH. TMZ SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR ALLOWING THIS TO BE PUT ON THE INTERNET...WHATS NEXT..YOUR RELEASE PARTY FOR CASEY ANTHONY? TMZ, YOU REALLY HIT THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL ON THIS ONE.....HERES HOPING THIS HAPPENS TO A FAMILY MEMBER, AND SEE HOW YOU'D FEEL. TORMENTING HIS FAMILY IS NOT NEWS!

LINDA

this is so sad,no way this should have been made public,i feel so sad for the family to have tmz posting this for all the world to hear,rip jeret

Jamie

I know this has already been said by many overs but I'll say it too: This should not be here. I know what his family is going through right now, I've gone though it myself. To publish something like his 911 is classless and disrespectful to his family, friends, and fans.

harry giordano

how incredibly awful of you to post this call. You obviously have neither shame or respect for others. Shame on you

spyke

sorry I meant to say "how much worse alcohol makes it"

SURFCOWBOY

wow, that made me cry! :(

Dissapointed viewer

Im boycotting TMZ for a week, they need to learn some manners.

Jamie baird

I grew up with Jeret and I am absolutely disgusted with TMZ for having the audacity to post something so emotional and personal as this. Jeret's family and friends want to remember him as the energetic, loving and driven person that he was and not for the fragile state that he left us in. Think about how you would feel morning a loved one and having their last moments posted for the world to hear. I will no longer support this site.

colleen

You shouldn't have posted this....