« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

U.S. Skier's Heartbreaking 911

"I'm Gonna Kill Myself"

7/28/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD **

Jeret Peterson 911 Call
U.S. Olympic
skier Jeret "Speedy" Peterson called 911 moments before he committed suicide Monday ... and while fighting back tears, the 29-year-old told the operator, "I'm going to kill myself."

Peterson then gave his location to the operator and said, "I want police to come get the body." He then hung up the phone.

Cops in Summit County, Utah responded to the spot where Peterson said he would be ... and found the skier's body "obviously deceased from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head."

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Peterson left a suicide note ... but cops are not releasing it to the public.

Peterson was one of the best freestyle skiers in the world. He competed in 3 Olympics for the U.S.  ... winning a silver medal in Vancouver in 2010.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

who cares

TMZ TAKE IT DOWN AND POST YOUR APOLOGY YOU TASTELESS BA***RDS

Michelle

No matter how a person passes away it's always still so heartbreaking for the people left on this earth. I hope he can finally find his forever happiness.
xox

scott

RIP
You and your family are in a lot of peoples prayers!

Pauly

A man at his final moment should be kept between friends and family. Shame on you for making this public.

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

So sad. He sounds hopeless. I am afraid that we'll see an epidemic of suicides in the near future as the economy collapses.

Jay

This is sad but read the entire story. This was only the final chapter. http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/freestyle_skiing/news?slug=jp-speedy022410

hahaha

Classless, low, and awful. You should be extremely ashamed of yourself. Living life at the expense of others-possibly lower than a prostitute.

Melinda

Umm HELLO! You don't have to put the 'warning' label underneath the headline, any 911 phone call about killing yourself is going to be emotional and sad. You're just trying to sensationalize it. THAT'S sad.

Alice

You guys at TMZ have always brought a smile to my face and have entertained me throughout the day. But seriously? I would hope you all would have a little more respect. This family is going through hell right now, and the last thing they need is a "news" source posting this all over the internet. You guys became a success because the public has viewed you as a respectable way to see into the lives of those that are rich and famous. Not for this stuff. Please reevaluate your motives and purpose in general.

A

every TMZ associate involved with the procurement and posting of this video should be ashamed of themselves. to exploit and expose someone's weakest and most vulnerable moment, one they cannot defend against and one that will haunt everyone who ever cared for him forever, is sick. i hope you will remove this at once and spare his family any additional suffering.

who cares

I hope some hackers shut down TMZ for a few weeks for posting this

Michael Page

TMZ, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Bren

Ugh, I let curiosity get the better of me and I wish I hadn't. Sad :(

azlee

so sad. so very sad. he saved the cops from looking into what happened to him, he let them know right up front but wouldn't allow himself to be talked out of it.

damn

niles

911 calls are public information, not private moments. It makes it all the more sad that his last words were with someone he didn't know, who couldn't even understand what he was trying to say. At least he had the courtesy to not let his family wonder and worry where he was.