PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

Karen Hartwell

She could help much more, see this story on CNN. She is a spoiled brat that cares about nobody else but herself. It's not like she earned the money she is a trust fund baby that never worked a day in her life.

rights

yup..she has a points....she has the right to spend her money any way she wants it....and people don't depend on other people for your food..get a job...

Robert

she has a point. since when was it rich peoples responsibility to fix the world or feed the needy? seriously.it's a gesture and act of generosity, it's not in ANY way mandatory. purchasing that house is retarded though.

Chris

So because she has money, she should be giving it away to the poor?

LADY K

If any of us had that type of money, we would live that way also. Take a look at yourselves now, Do you live in the projects if you can afford not to. Don't be a hater. BE HAPPY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE.

Chris Leddy

Option A) Rich foreign family member moves into a house former owner who most likely paid less in state taxes as new owners will. Oh and Formula 1, is coming back to America.
Option B) We can make the rich girl feel bad. Welcome to LA! Please be unhappy and spend your money elsewhere.

jillybean

Sounds like her daddy told her to buy this one as an investment. People need to chill the f out and worry about themselves. Who gives a f if people are starving, grow your own and stop acting so pathetic and animal like.

Willie

Oh please, just because a wealthy person buys a mansion does not mean they should have to be responsible for buying or assisting people without homes. That is just ridiculous, I am sure she contributes to charitable organizations and that is her choice. People please quit thinking someone rich has to "share", no one owes anyone anything unless it is done by free will.

keni

It's her $$$$.... her family $$$ ... It doesn't matter..... She can do whatever the heck she wants & if you're judging her... you're just jealous.

Lori

Petra has the right to live anyway she wants.
People need to work their asses off
in order to get ahead. Don't wait for someone to give you something. I am 67 years old with a successful business, I am not waiting for people to support me. I am a very generous employer and friend. The economy is down, I have one option----- WORK HARDER. You are in charge of your own destiny.

Lorraine

How about dumb? She can't be that smart-she is lacking grammar skills.

Lady Di

Why should she give her money to the poor? Let them starve. It's their own fault and she should enjoy her money.Other peoples's problems are not her own. Pee on them. They stink and have stupid children with bad teeth and b.o.
I think she should run for president. Care only for yourself and we'll be fine.....

jillybean

I know if I ever get rich I am going to be selfish cause humans are such jealous lil babies. Petra enjoy you rich extravagant house humans are repulsive anyways lol.

ARTOFWAR

.....Correction---This behemoth of a house would make a great investment, however, only if one plans to restructure it from a residential home to a high-end private resort. But of course this idea would never cross the minds of any blond headed she-coonts, because we all know deep down inside-- a woman's best purpose is to spend money-- not to earn....Artofwar

ARTOFWAR