PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

about 2 yrs ago

i don't have cable i have antenna t.v. so i think a lot more people get to see the rich speak...i totally friggin' loved'ed it - she has all that money, probably spouted as being educated and she still can't speak properly.

i love seeing that the rich are just stupid people too.

p.s. - about a year, year and a hal****o we waited all day to see ivanka trump - you know, highly educated - OMG!!! total disaster...BOMB....it just makes you feel that you can be as rich as these dummies...of course, it is better when your parents give it to you but i have never had that.

LOVE IT

Troy

Hey Petra. I'm single. Just sayin..

about 2 yrs ago

TMZ - why the blurring of "hal****o" - it is just "half ago"

Grandma Cracker

Luckily many of the super privileged understand gratitude for all they have been given and work tirelessly to make the world a better place for the less fortunate.
Money does not buy class.

Donna

Great, another arrogant, media whore c**t who makes no apologies for the fact that she INHERITED and did NOT work for her money. People like her should be taxed 50% of their wealth. Yup, folks, there IS such a thing as having too much money.

gollo47

WHO IS THIS PATHETIC BITCH LOL COME ONE N WANTS TO BE PARI******ON FROM WHO KNOW WHERE THERE ARE MORE EXPENSIVE HOMES SHE CAN INVEST IN N IS PRVILIGE COME ON WHERE R THE HOMELESS N LESS PRIVLEGE GIRL GET A LIFE WITHOUT U MOMIES MONEY

ken

Hon, if your dad earned the $85M, then gave it to you for your "great investment", then you ARE spoiled.

MarlonRay

It's a fact, those without will ALWAYS criticize those with. Her Dad worked hard for this exact reason, so she could be privileged.

Mike

How come there isn't a "Stupid Ditz" option?

loki

i don't understand why there are people here defending her. it is totally unnecessary for anyone to have a house that big. this is not something that people should want to aspire to and the only reason they do is that they haven't learned the value of humility and integrity in their lives. anyway, she still has more money than i ever will and i'm honestly happy for that. her lifestyle seems overwhelming.

Tomas

No she doesn't have to build homes for other people but it doesn't change the fact that she is a parasite. She had access to all the best education and what is he doing with her life? Nothing, just spending daddy's money and not pursuing a career like the rest of us and not contributing to society (and no charity work doesn't contribute like having a job does). I don't get these rich people these days. 90% of the time their kids are parasitic underachievers. It's like they have kids for pets. They don't raise them to be upstanding members of society.

Bud

Anyone who like, adds the word like in the middle of a sentence when it's like, totally unnecessary, is like, totally spoiled.

Claus

Good for her. Why should she spent her (dad's) money on 'poor people'. I wish I had her money and if I did I wouldn't blow it all on charity. Very few people are lucky enough to live a truly privileged life so if you are one of those people, enjoy the hell out of it! I wish this hottie all the best.

Jim in Cali

OMG they seriously asked her why she didn't buy homes for others? What a bunch of tools the media is.

John

That's exactly what's wrong with society today. Why should she have to buy homes for other people? That's her money, who cares how she wants to spend it or how big a house a house she wants to buy. It's her money, shes not responsible for helping poor people. Never share the wealth!