PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

Johnny 5

Petra and her ilk are prime examples of why we need to switch from capitalism to socialism. No one person should be able to afford an $85,000,000 house.

Tammy

Some of your other comments had the ring of a valid point but that girl is only 22 and thus far in life doesn't have a clue about life, as most 22 year olds don't. I think that she is shallow and so misinformed. Yeah she can spend her money as she likes but she could live in a 100thousand dollar house as well as she can an 85million mansion. She can't live in but one house at a time anyway. I think that I'm being very generous when I say her money because I'm sure that she didn't lift one finger to earn any of it. It's also sad that so many of you think like her. Hey, it is what it is but, I am the kind of person that helps other people whenever it is earthly possible for me to do so. I have given my last and would gladly do it again. If I was as blessed as this girl is with money there is so much else that could be done with it. You best believe that if I was this rich money wise, I wouldn't be the only one to benefit from it. There are a lot of people in this world that I would help. I wouldn't be rich alone. There is so much more that I could say but God knows all about it. Before Petra and others like her leave this world and have to face their maker, the One that blessed them in the first place, I hope that their riches don't cost them their souls.

Fox

Her money is her money. If the qoute is accurate, she sounds uneducated for her status... Sad.

Alyssa

Spoiled brat. A 22 year old who just spent daddy's $85 million on a house is SPOILED.

tessa

Get it right, honey you are not prieveledged YOU ARE BLESSED! To me being able to buy a 85 million dollar house is a blessing, not a priveledged.

eric

She answered the reporters question like a pro. good for her!!! she works with causes that she connects with on a personal level.. She very involved with the Meningitis Trust, has worked with PETA and many other causes as well.. REALLY a question about Public Housing too? She cant do everything.. she is not involved in politics anyway so she has nothing to prove to anyone but herself.

Barbrady

Her father asks for $500 000 in taxpayer money to put on this year's or last year's F1. This money could have been spent on health care, education, or the arts, which are all currently being cut. Two of those cars that he gave to his daughters equal the amount of this one subsidy that was the public's money. Spoiled? I think we have to look deeper than that.

Molly

She's rich, she can live in the house if she wants. It's her decision and maybe she WANTS to live in a nice house.

paul a.

she might be privileged but she still is butt ugly

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19