PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

Physical Graffiti

More proof that money can't buy class. What an elitist thing to say. "Let them eat cake" indeed! You ARE a spoiled brat. "He doesn't beat me to be mean. I deserve it and he's just keeping me in line!" "I'm not fat - I'm weight challenged!" Same principle... You can buy mansions, yachts, land as far as the eye can see, the world's finest -fill in the blank- but you can't buy class, sense, humility, dignity, self-respect and I have the one thing that you will never be able to buy: Naturally red hair! Don't hate!

peoplearesilly

You people defending her don't have any facts as to whether she helps out or not. And NO ONE, and I MEAN NO ONE, needs a house that big. It's assinine when there are people in the world starving to death. But that's just me. I'd buy a modest mansion and live in enough style, and REALLY help those in need. This world is way too full of the PRIVILEGED that think they deserve. She didn't even earn the money. Selfish ungrateful piece of crap. Good luck in your travels -- you will never have the true freedom us poor folks do and will never know if who you marry is sincere. You are a target! I'd rather live poor.

Swinson

She was great in that interview snippet. She's exactly right. And for those who question her purchases it is a matter of economy of scale.
When I was little and got $10 a week allowance $10 seemed like a LOT! I couldn't image more, and the things I could buy...I was like WHOA!
I got my first job as a teen, and made $89 take home...it was AWESOME. I could buy so much more or buy better things then what I got when I was living off my allowance. I could buy one video game a week, and have money left over instead of waiting weeks to save up.
Fast forward to college, making $300 a week...more stuff, better times but also more bills.
grad school, more money, more bills.
First real job, lots more money, same amount of bills but all of a sudden that clunker got traded for a volvo, same bill just different economy.
Now today same thing...bigger more expensive stuff...more stuff, more crap etc....
She buys $65K handbags not because she lacks sense, but because it fits her economy of scale.

Thrasherfan

All that money and she's got an ugly fiancee. Pity. Of course, she's no looker herself.

Badjuju813

Maybe she should use some money and get an education. "how much the house costed"? Shows that money cannot buy you a brain or class.

3Storms

She IS spoiled and like so many of her kind lives a life of completely unearned undeserved entitlement.

MarriedWivesClub.com

Actually, She got a really Good deal. It was a great investment. Her mom will flip that house for double the price in 10 Years.

Good for her.

JerRudo

Privileged.. wow, I've heard it all now. Waste of space.

I Chinee

All I want to know is, why TMZ keeps posting about her just because she bought a house. Before she made news by buying a house I had not clue who this chick was. Hell I have never even heard of her father before either.

MsZee

OMG. I agree that people do not need to make themself suffer just because other people in the world suffer, but come on, this amount of money would save a lot of lives. And she would still have money left over for a really really nice house - just with a few less rooms. Who actually needs that many rooms anyway?? What is she going to do there?? Have she had that amount of rooms available to her all her live, and therefore it is impossible to live with less?? This girl really needs a reality check.

HaveSome

Typical Liberal question: "Why not buy homes for 1000 of people" Just because this girl is an heiress...her family worked incredibly hard to make the money and maintain their earnings over the decades it takes to make that money.

If other people in this country would work as hard.... they may be able to obtain wealth and not have to rely on handouts.

me

if this entire situation doesn't disgust u, ur missing the whole frontal lobe of ur brain. i can't believe all u ******** are defending this ignorance/arrogance......no wonder everyone hates Americans

Sammy

It’s a good thing her daddy is rich because she wouldn’t be able to get any decent job with atrocious grammar like “ however much the house has costed”.

Johnnyt

Does anyone remember back in the early '80s when the Japanese were
buying up everything the could get get their hands on in Hawaii and CA?
I lived in HI then, and I used to tell my friends, "When they figure out how
to put their newly acquired real estate on a boat and take it home with
them, I'll start to worry. Meanwhile I'm just glad that they chose to spend
their money in my country." Sure enough, when their economy tanked
and they went home, the property stayed here!
Think of it as creating jobs, which Obama can't seem to do, instead of
redistribution of wealth, which is all that the liberals want to do. Except
their own, of course. Who do you suppose cleans this monster house?

Ateya

I agree! She isnt spoiled. Let them spend as they please. IT IS HER MONEY! Congrats on the beautiful home.