PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

vaderslith

her statement says it all

sc1432

She has a right to spend her money any way she chooses. SHe comes across rather cross.
No one person needs a house the size of the Spelling mansion. Seems to me she is a spoiled brat who buys things just for the sake of buying something.
Too bad it is not her money, her Mother gave her the money for the house from what i read.
She seems like she is has 10x's the morals and values of Kim Kardashion.

Phenom

She seems like a lovely woman and has her head on straight. I'm by no means wealthy but I am content and she seems very content with her life and upbringing. She made a wise choice in real estate. We should all flip houses and sell so we too can have a little more....sure is manual labor though, ugh!! Glad she's happy.

Evergreen

Her reasoning reflects her way of thinking, and that's of a spoiled brat. Enjoy your wealth Petra!

Blue Lake

She's not very grammatical, is she? Did she attend school?

Scotty

She'll crash and burn! Mommy and Daddy already bought her a mens clothing line, which of course went bankrupt! Too bad her wealthy parents didn't buy her an education, she sounds like, I dunno, a moron! But who else would buy that hideous monstrosity, any celeb who's been there says it's surprisingly ugly, and let's face it, it is the epitome of GARISH!

MATT

Hooray! Finally NOT another story about a rich Arab or Asian buying up US property. She's British, white, and HOT I must say. And true, why should she be guilted about her purchase? I'm sure EVERY single person here would be big spender's with that kind of money-so don't judge.

dolphin

these people just DO NOT GET IT. there's a major recession, people are losing their jobs, homes, savings, health insurance, everything. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO RUB YOUR WEALTH IN OUR FACES. they're so disconnected from reality.

it's fine that they're rich, that doesnt bother me one bit. this is just the worse time to advertise it.

mr

How dumb. Priviledged is a state of being; spoiled is how you act regardless. Pari******on is a pauper in comparison but I've never heard anyone interviewing her ask why she doesn't spend the money she burns through on the poor.

monica

Petra is disgusting! She looks like a cross-dresser. Is she a man or a woman? Seriously! Not only that, she is arrogant. Looks like Hell has a guaranteed reservation for this one. Rich, Selfish and not caring about anyone but herself. Rock on Petra! Enjoy it while you can..

Amanda

And there are people in third world countries who say I'm spoiled and wasteful if I spend $30 on a nice dinner for myself, but can't eat it all. There is always going to be someone richer and someone poorer than you. Neither of them has to justify their lifestyle to you any more than you have to justify yours to them. She is able to buy such a house; good decision or bad, it's hers to make.

Dan

What a smart girl! If a business man purchases a depressed asset for a deep discount, he is considered a shrewd businessman. She got a $150 million dollar asset for $85 million. She will double her money once Obama gets out of the White House and the economy turns around!

Jodi

She's right. Her family made and continues to make enough money for her to live a lavish lifestyle....so what? As far as her helping poor people she probably donates to the poor but she's not going to change her lifestyle just because of poor people and I don't blame her.

There have been poor people for centuries and we will continue to have poor people that's a fact of life. I know one thing.....I wi***** was me.

Anthony

Some people are just lucky and are born into being rich, I envy the crap out of her. It isn't enough that she is pretty hot and probably could make a ton of money on her own or find guys to spend on her at will. No that isn't enough, she also has to be born rich lol. Meanwhile I have 200 dollars left to get me through till Monday. That is spare change for her.

Mo

I've never heard this question asked of the spoiled, rich "movie starts", athletes, musicians........ blatant double standard. Most of the time you hear from them they're out asking the rest of us to give to their fav charities. Good for her and good for property taxes she will be paying in California and not England.