PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

monica

@Dan...The only shrewd person here is Candy Spelling. She overpriced this joint 5x than what it was worth. No one here in America even wanted it, not even for 85mil. And, trust me, there are plenty here that could still afford the price tag. The place is weird! it looks like a big, overdone mausoleum! It has no taste or charm. Petra whatever her name is can have it. I hope she sleeps well, while millions of Somalians and their children are starving to death!

dianne

I cannot believe this young woman has such poor grammer. She is SPOILED. Priveleged, yes. That's not her fault. She was born into it.
The fault lies with her parents, for not insisting she learn better grammer, and articulate herself better than she does.
These rich parents need to take a page from Donald Trump's children.
They grew up in wealth, but their parents made sure, that they learned the meaning of money, by earning their own.
It's disgraceful, just listening to this young woman.

_Taterman

I ain't got one bad thing to say about this because if I was "lucky" enough to be born into a very rich family I'd be doing the same damn thing!!

Justin

its pretty sad that someone like her who is spoiled and just has mo ney handed to her like that can not for real help others especially when you got that kinda money you dont think you would be changing the world doing something like that your wrong you may not be changing the actual world but you are changing someones world who is in need where as you have everything and then some people should stop and take a look around and stop being so self centered because if it was not for us normal people and fans she would have no money at all we are the supporters maybe she should stop and think about that

jg59

I never heard of her before so she may be right. The spoiled brats are always in the headlines.

spliffsmommy

get those horsey teeth fixed with all that free money..heeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwww!

Justin

Kim

Why should she feel obligated to use money her family has to buy something for someone else? Ridiculous. They earned it, so it's theirs to do with as they like.

Bucket

How FORTUNEate for the SNOB

meef

OMFG she's SO HOT!!!

Annie

There should have been three choices, spoiled, privileged or douchebag. I pick douchebag.

northern gypsy

ok...call me crazy...but...i get what she's saying !!!
lets not forget...she's what ??? 22yrs old...
unlike one of her rival socialite...
this one appears to have a spinal column !!!

Teacher

Hopefully she will spend some of riches on learning how to speak proper English.

sotiredofthis

I agree, she doesn't have to live a certain way just because there are those of us losing our homes. She is priviledged and should be grateful. But she is spoiled by the presentation of her thoughts on the matter. We're each born into stations in life, but sometimes cir****tances give us what we didn't work for - both ways. My husband and I are fighting to keep a home we built with our own hands and moved into when we got married at 19 - plus it's on my "homeplace" as we country people call it. I sat at the desk this a.m. looking out at the squirrels, birds, hummers - all in abundance and cried for THEM - they have become part of our family. We CANNOT lose this home. And THIS has nothing to do with Miss Ecclestone and her good fortune. But an investment? Maybe. I'd rather invest in people. And, it is none of our business, truth be told. But, hey, TMZ gets my mind off my misfortunes.

GoBears!!!!!

I dont blame her. Because she has money means she has to share??? If that be the case, everyone right now should dig in their pockets and start handing out their money. I get that people hit hard times, and that is the governments place to help. Not an individual just because they have cash. I share what I can to a point but its not my fault people dont want to work and feed their kids!!!!!!! Dont have them if you cant afford them!!! I want a mansion too but I cant afford it...does that mean someone should buy it for me?? People have it all wrong these days...