PETRA ECCLESTONE

I'm Not Spoiled...I'M PRIVILEGED

7/29/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

072911_perta_video
22-year-old BILLION-heiress Petra Ecclestone -- the chick who just bought Candy Spelling's mansion for $85 MILLION -- says she's NOT spoiled ... she's privileged -- and there's a HUGE difference.

Ecclestone spoke with "Good Morning America" -- and explained why she decided to purchase the home ... saying, "It was a great investment, and I got a really good deal and it was, like, prime real estate."

0729_candy_mansion_subasset
When asked why she didn't use the money to pay for affordable homes for 1000's of families -- she replied, "I help as much as I can, but at the end of the day ... however much the house has costed, that's not going to kind of I dunno ... like change the world I don't think."

Petra -- daughter of a Formula 1 racing tycoon -- added, "I'm not going to not live in a certain way ... just because there are people less fortunate than I am."

Does Petra have a point?

Sapphyre

Introducing the new Pari******on. I had more respect for her when she was not responding to the media. Now she goes on GMA and draws attention to herself. Eventually, the media would have gotten bored and left her along. When does her reality show start?

cyringe

people please stop being jealous, her father worked hard to give her the best. GO AND BLAME YOUR PARENTS!! i dont like when people pick on rich folks but at the same time want to be them. would have preferred her to have your ugly and *****y life. you go girl, you are blessed, enjoy and leave the haters thinking about how much your shoes cost.

cyringe

Scotty

She went to school on London, I thought they spoke English there!

Veronica

-That's exactly what the Republicans are saying in congress right now!

Ben

Is someone automatically spoiled because they are born to a wealthy family? Is someone spoiled because they don't chose to donate all their wealth to the "less spoiled"? Anyone going after Candi Spelling for pocketing all that money? Please. Don't turn your envy into other people's guilt.

Veronica

-That's exactly what the Republicans are saying in congress right now!

Mandy

Her family has the money so good for her, most people live WAY beyond there means, she's lucky enough to have been born into means that most of us can only dream of.

USArmy

She has every right to spend whatever money she has on whatever she wants. Why do people think they have the right to tell other people what to do with their money? If she ever does want to help others, I would love for her to pay off my mortgage But I certainly wouldn't demand it. I hope she lives a full and healthy life.

Spike

"costed"?...."dunno"?....ugh, money sure can't buy intelligence.

able_walker

Well don't be surprised when the **** hits the fan all the peasants show up with pitchforks and rope...although her private security force would simply mow them all down with machine guns so she's not worried.

CelebJustice

Why on earth does anyone think that she has an obligation to buy homes for thousands? Im so sick of people thinking that those that have money are obligated to spend it on others. Most give generously to worthwhile charities but these days it never seems to be enough. Quit trying to redistribute other peoples money. They worked for it, its theirs, they can spend it how ever they want

Mary

Exactly like one person said. She must be a Republican, becasue they are all about living their life and enjoying their money. They don't want to have to be taxed, because they earned their money. Probably not. Most of the rich earned their money from their parents. Even if they did work hard to make their moeny, why should I as a middle class American have to pay taxes and the rich hide their money in tax free funds. Then the richest companies in America get every tax loop hole to avoid paying taxes. The middle class gets to support both the rich and poor. This does not make sense.

Mary

I think the reason for the interview is that she is not buying a $500,000 house nor a $1 million dollar house she is buying a $85 million house. $85 million could do so much for the poor, the kids in Ethiopia, etc.. Yes, she may not be spoiled, but she is crazy for spending her money on that. What does a single woman that is 22 years old need that kind of house for? there was a girl that was ont eh news last week. She died in a horrible car accident. All she asked for on her birthday was for people to donate for clean water to help people. That girl was amazing and it is so sad that she died at such a young age.

Johnnyt

@ Sapphyre
Didn't Winston Churchill say; "Two cultures, devided only by a common
language?" Or something similar.