CHARLIE SHEEN

FOOTING THE BILL FOR

BROOKE MUELLER'S REHAB

8/1/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0731_charlie_sheen_brooke_mueller_tmz_ex
Charlie Sheen thinks his way of rehab is the best way -- so he's having his ex-wife Brooke Mueller go through the same treatments he recently did ... and he's picking up the tab.

Sources close to Sheen tell TMZ he didn't like the idea of Brooke going down to Mexico for rehab, saying he felt the treatment there was dangerous and he felt she might die. As we first reported, the treatment involved prescribing a drug that's not legal in the United States.

So, we're told Charlie actually flew down to Mexico in a private jet, picked her up, and brought her back to the States. Brooke was only south of the border for 12 hours before Charlie scooped her up.

Then, according to our sources, Charlie decided to bring back his own team of doctors -- the ones he used a few months back when the "Two and a Half Men" people wanted him to get treatment.

We're told he's now set Brooke up at an undisclosed location and is paying for the whole thing.

Looks like Brooke will soon be winning at rehab herself.

Bob

Meanwhile the kids are with Grandma. I'm sure they will grow up to be just fine, like mommy and daddy.

Madison Grace

Linda

Its great he is getting out of him self and trying to help his former wife get stable get a foundation to build her recovery from. I think he findly realized she could die from this addiction. The longer Charlie is clean the more he will realize the life he was living was crazy. He is so Blessed to have 2 little boys to enjoy and be a father . I pray for both of them health and recovery so they can enjoy life and be sober /clean for the boys.

Christy

I don't really care for Charlie but I have to give him credit for trying to help her and paying for it to boot. Very nice!!

jack-55d79

"@Madison Grace:

I was hired to do some research on Ibogaine a few years ago. It does work for a lot of people but I did come across a number of people who almost died from the therapy. For one thing, your heart can be affected. I think it was smart of Charlie to come to her rescue. But for some people, people who have tried everything else, it seems worth the risk."

I agree with this. Not least that I have previously (luckily no long term damage) suffered from serious side-effects from legally prescribed medicine (although not related to addiction, lol). So I think saying Ibogaine should be banned because it's dangerous is a bad argument, because most effective medicine can have dangerous side effects. That is why medical supervision is so important. It's always a matter of whether the risk of using a medicine is outweighed by the potential gains. Crack use is particularly dangerous for the heart/lungs. Of course if she's taking other medication anyway, the interactions with Ibogaine could be very dangerous, like with grapefruit juice or things that potentiate certain classes of medicine/drugs.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I suppose they're going to teach her the (magic) blinking technique. Sounds like some Scientology stuff.

Kathy

At least he is trying to help her. I give them credit for that. Most of the commenters today seem to wish for failure. I wonder why that makes them happy.

Green Fairy

She's been into various rehab's 15 or 16 times over the years & unless she radically changes her lifestyle, can't see this changing much. If she comes out clean but returns to her old 'friends', social circle, location then it's probably just a matter of time before she falls off the wagon again. Hopefully, she'll make it this time - but rehab isn't a question of being in a 'safe' place for a certain amount of time and being 'cured'. An addict is an addict, and remaining clean & sober is a lifelong task - and not an easy one either. For every Robert Downey Jr there are scores of others who don't make it. Best of luck to both her & Charlie, it'll be a long, hard road.

realitychecker

Time will tell if this rehab was successful for Charlie. But, kudos to him for helping the mother of his children. Their judge seems to be dazzled by Charlie's celebrity, much to the detriment of the children. Sad situation.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Oh, yes, Charlie Sheen is a much better choice for rehab than a people whose medical roots go back to tens of thousands of years of indigenous wisdom and who have countless homeopathic roads to recovery.

nusox n draws

i believe she went down there to try ibogaine which is a root from africa that induces lsd type effects and is not regulated or approved in the us.

Dennis Johnson

Good,I hope eveything works out for her.

tiffany

good for him for getting her help...She just can't get clean and supposedly she has tried hard..my heart goes to the kids...they need a stable mom...thank God they have her parents to watch them..grandma and grandpa's can be just as good as their own parents..

IceGypsy

Charlie may be unstable, and a lil strange these days, but he loves his kids. If something happened to their mom down there, the kids would be devastated.

Sandra

Right and I'm the Easter bunny!! Feel sorry for the boys and wish they could be adopted into a drug free home!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments